🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client not reading my message and don't payin...
Page options
sadeemshreef
Community Member

Client not reading my message and don't paying

Hey, i was hired by a client and after working on few videos he said that now i will give you work if you buy a software that is speechelo used for ai voice.The subscription of that software is 47 dollar. First i said to the client that you will pay for the software but he deny to pay and he said if you are not buying the software then we are not working anymore so due to this i have to buy the software but after that i have send him screenshot that i bought the software and he said okay good i will send you work but now i am waiting for weeks software subscription is going to end but he didnot give me any work.
Can i charge somehow client for that software or upwork can help me somehow???

6 REPLIES 6
spectralua
Community Member

You have active contract for this?

Yes, i asked him before buying the software that should i end the contract or not he said no

the-right-writer
Community Member

The short answer is no unless you have built-in protection. Did you have a contract through Upwork? Why were you buying items for the client? If there is a pressing need for the freelancer to purchase anything, it must be established through the contract. When the client insisted you buy the software, you should have said no.

Buying something is not a job. If that's all you did, you will never see any money, and it could be a violation of the Terms of Service. You are not supposed to be buying things; this is a job platform.

You need to read and follow the Terms of service and read this from Wes. No one can or will help you when you break the rules.  

Client had hire some other animators as well and they are using this software for the voice over so he said buy this software and use it then we will start to work again but after that no reply and yes i have active contract through upwork.

When the client insisted me to  buy the software,  I said no then he said if you want more work then use this software for the voice over

Never, ever allow a client to bully you. The chances are there was never a real job and no intention of forthcoming work. You were scammed. You can't break the rules and expect to be paid. clients like that will never give you a good job or pay you. Learn the rules and red flags from my other post or else you will be scammed again. The choice is yours.

bvdev234
Community Member

When the client asked to buy it, you should have contacted upwork support. 

Do this in future.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members