🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client not releasing payment and adding more ...
Page options
e8637e0f
Community Member

Client not releasing payment and adding more work to the existing contract

Hi,

I signed a fixed-price contract a week ago, I have delivered my work 100% as per client's requirements. Now when I submitted the work, he is satisfied with the work. But he is saying that he will send this project to his client, and it may take a week for evaluation, than I'll see if it's okay and release the payments.

Is that allowed on upwork?

I should be paid for the work I did right away if my client is satisfied. Rather then having to wait for client's client to give the green light. I'm so confused what to do.

Additionally, he is asking me to do more than what we agreed. Like adding more graphs.

Help would be highly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

Muhammad Q wrote:

Hi,

I signed a fixed-price contract a week ago, I have delivered my work 100% as per client's requirements. Now when I submitted the work, he is satisfied with the work. But he is saying that he will send this project to his client, and it may take a week for evaluation, than I'll see if it's okay and release the payments.

Is that allowed on upwork?

I should be paid for the work I did right away if my client is satisfied. Rather then having to wait for client's client to give the green light. I'm so confused what to do.

Additionally, he is asking me to do more than what we agreed. Like adding more graphs.

Help would be highly appreciated.

He has 14 days to review, so yes it is allowed.

JoanneP

Hi Muhammad,

The client has 14 days from the most recent submission on a milestone to review and approve or request changes. Approval releases the payment from escrow to you. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Don't agree to do substantial additional work if they client refuses to agree to subsantial additional payments to you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members