cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not replying, Need Help

r4j47
Rajat S Member Since: Dec 8, 2017
1 of 14

In my recent project, I started work on 10 Jan and on 11 Jan, I finished work and i requested for money, from then client not reply me as well as he is not ending the contract.

As i can see there no option for freelancer to do any action in such situation apart from ending contract. This is very disappointed, As we work hard but these kind of things where we can't do anything.

Check attachment, Please tell me what should i do?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 14

Hi Rajat,

You will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
r4j47
3 of 14

I finished all work which was in contract. Client make 3 milestones, Now what i need to do, I already requested for $25, But first milestone is $9.

Please check the attachment. Can you tell me what i can do.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 14

Rajat S wrote:

I finished all work which was in contract. Client make 3 milestones, Now what i need to do, I already requested for $25, But first milestone is $9.

Then you should have done $ 9 worth of work.

14 days after clicking on "Submit work and request payment" whatever is in Escrow ($9) will be released.

Do not press the "submit work " button again.

r4j47
5 of 14

I finished all milestones, After 14days i need to request again for second milestone?

So i need to wait 28 days for 2 milestones?

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
6 of 14

Rajat S wrote:

I finished all milestones, After 14days i need to request again for second milestone?

No. You submit the work agreed for the 1. milestone, (klick submit for payment button), wait for client to approve and fund 2. milestone, submit the work agreed for 2. milestone, and so on. The client has to actively fund the next milestone(s), otherwise you get automatically paid only for the first milestone (if it was funded.)

If I read it correctly, you agreed to an amount of USD 25 to be split into 3 milestones, and finished the total work in 1 day? I guess it became obvious to you that the splitting made no sense?

petra_r
Community Guru
7 of 14

Rajat S wrote:

Were the other two milestones FUNDED!?

You can only submit against funded milestones. Unfunded milestones are worth the paper they were typed on.

r4j47
8 of 14

Other two are not funded, Only first milestone is funded.

Please tell me solution for this.

petra_r
Community Guru
9 of 14

Rajat S wrote:

Then you should only have done the work for the first milestone.

There is no solution - what isn't funded can't be submitted against.

If the client appears again, he or she can pay you. If the client does not reappear, you won't get paid.

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
10 of 14

Rajat S wrote:

Ask your client to fund the second milestone, submit for payment, then same for the third milestone. If your client does not respond any longer, chalk it up to your inexperience and forget about it. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS