Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not replying, Need Help

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
11 of 14

Rajat S wrote:

In my recent project, I started work on 10 Jan and on 11 Jan, I finished work and i requested for money, from then client not reply me as well as he is not ending the contract.

As i can see there no option for freelancer to do any action in such situation apart from ending contract. This is very disappointed, As we work hard but these kind of things where we can't do anything.

Check attachment, Please tell me what should i do?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You should do absolutely nothing. Once you klick the "submit for payment" button all you need to do is wait for your automatic payment in 14 days, or in case of an hourly contract, you just wait for the weekly payment. Some clients - in case of fixed price - approve the payment before that, some don't. Nothing to worry about. 

Just don't end the contract before payment like the guy in the other thread who came here crying about he wasn't paid, when he got impatient and ended the contract instead of waiting a few days and the money was returned to the client, and he did not even realize it was his own fault ...

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 14

re: "I finished all milestones, After 14days i need to request again for second milestone? So i need to wait 28 days for 2 milestones?"

No, I do not think your description here is accurate.

If you finish work on a milestone task, then you should submit the work IMMEDIATELY. As soon as you finish the task, use the submit button.

The client could then release payment immediately. Or she could not release payment at all, and Upwork will release the payment automatically after 14 days.

This protects you in cases where a client does not return to release payment.

If a client wants to get work done quickly on a series of milestones, then she will release money quickly because you will not start work on the next milestone until funding is in place and until you have been paid for the previous milestone.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
13 of 14

When I have a client who has funded a milestone and I perform additional work, I change the requested amount when I submit the request for milestone payment and provide an explanation for the additional charge in the message section. However, if the amount requested is not funded, I have no guarantee that the client will pay it. So, I don't recommend that you do work for a client on an unfunded milestone unless you have already established that they are trustworthy. 

In this instance, you can wait for the $ 9 to be paid, then hope that the client funds the additional milestones. Or you can request that the additional amounts due be paid in the form of a bonus. 

Regardless of how this contract is resolved, begin reading now to learn about the payment system so that you are better prepared next time. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 14

Another option if you did all of the work is to just type in the full amount when you request release of the milestone. If they come back and approve it, then you get paid in full. You're out of luck though if they don't.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS