Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not repond after completion of job

This widget could not be displayed.
11 of 28

@Muhammad B wrote:

Thanks Margarete for your answer,

Actually i could not  access help and support page. It always redirect me to My job feed page.

So i could not communicate with upwork support.

After this job i have worked with two other clients and that was great experience to work both of them but the first job brings lot of frustration for me.

Muhammad, You had a bad experience with your first client who probably never will pay the 50 USD. If you have a contract covering 50 USD and the client does not fund the whole amount you can be 99% sure that the client is dishonest. Even if the client has a long job history he/she can be dishonest trying to get unpaid work from a newcomer. In the future please only work if:

- Your client has a verified payment method

- The milestone is fully funded

- In case of an hourly contract use the time tracker

bilal-adlial
Ace Contributor
Muhammad B Member Since: May 29, 2016
12 of 28

Margarete thanks for advice,

In future i will only work on funded projects. It was bad experience but it will help me in future projects.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
13 of 28

Hi Muhammad,

I see the first Milestone was funded for the minimal amount and was automatically released to you following your Milestone submission. You'll need to communicate with your client about making any additional payments. Feel free to contact Customer Support and ask our team to try and reach out to your client. Please make sure not to start working or accept the contract unless the Milestone is funded for the agreed amount. 

Untitled
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 28

@Vladimir G wrote:

1) I see the first Milestone was funded for the minimal amount and was automatically released to you following your Milestone submission.

2) You'll need to communicate with your client about making any additional payments.

1) Clever... it means freelancers stung by that client can not even leave feedback...

2) He tried .....

bilal-adlial
Ace Contributor
15 of 28

Funded amount was $0.01 and the agreed amount was $50.

When the work was delivered she was happy about my work but i could not get her resonce after then.

She add me on skype and when i ll msg her she always shifted to offline mode.

What i can do about it?

16 of 28

@Muhammad B wrote:

Funded amount was $0.01 and the agreed amount was $50.

When the work was delivered she was happy about my work but i could not get her resonce after then.

She add me on skype and when i ll msg her she always shifted to offline mode.

What i can do about it?

She added you on Skype because she wanted that all communication happened outside of Upwork. It is sad that such clients can have a long job history on Upwork. Upwork has to look into her account and she should be banned at once. Besides the fact what she did is fraud she harms the freelancer's business as well as Upwork's business. By the way: Will Upwork send an invoice for 1 cent and an invoice for the 20% service fee for 1 cent to this client? 

bilal-adlial
Ace Contributor
17 of 28

Thanks Vladimir for your answer,

Actually that was my first job and client have a good work history that is why i start working. She told me that she will pay me after the completion of job. When the work was delivered she did not respond.

She have more then 15 jobs in progress whom she did not pay and did not end the contract.

Can upwork ask her to pay???

I am also afraid that if she give me a bad feedback when upwork will ask her.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
18 of 28

@Muhammad B wrote:

I am also afraid that if she give me a bad feedback when upwork will ask her.

If less than a Dollar was paid no public feedback will display.

Next time you see a client fund $ 0.01 it should remind you that likely that is all you will be paid, and you should never hand over work worth more than is funded.

bilal-adlial
Ace Contributor
19 of 28

Petra thanks for your advice.

Yes that was bad experience but it will help me in future projects. I will only work for funded projects.

bilal-adlial
Ace Contributor
20 of 28

When i ll try to access customer page i always redirected to My Job feed Page.

So i could not communicate with upwork support.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS