🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client not responding despite being active
Page options
wanwang27
Community Member

Client not responding despite being active

Hello, I'd completed a single milestone for a job offer 6 days ago. Sent the necessary files to the client for further review; still no response even to this day. What's worse is that the client goes online sometimes as shown by his green or idle icon. I kind of need the money urgently, it's already in Escrow so I don't have to worry about him being a scammer but what is the correct course of action to take now?

Sent him a message yesterday, also didn't reply.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Christopher K wrote:

Hello, I'd completed a single milestone for a job offer 6 days ago. Sent the necessary files to the client for further review; still no response even to this day.

Did you submit the work via the "Submit work for payment" function on the contract? From that moment on, the client has 14 days to review the work. The client is not required to do so on day 1, the client is not required to communicate with you either.

Christopher K wrote:

what is the correct course of action to take now?

If the client still does not respond after 14 days after you correctly submitted the work through the "Submit for payment" function, the money is automatically released. There is no need to chase the client, because you get paid automatically.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Christopher K wrote:

Hello, I'd completed a single milestone for a job offer 6 days ago. Sent the necessary files to the client for further review; still no response even to this day.

Did you submit the work via the "Submit work for payment" function on the contract? From that moment on, the client has 14 days to review the work. The client is not required to do so on day 1, the client is not required to communicate with you either.

Christopher K wrote:

what is the correct course of action to take now?

If the client still does not respond after 14 days after you correctly submitted the work through the "Submit for payment" function, the money is automatically released. There is no need to chase the client, because you get paid automatically.

I have submitted the work for payment. I didn't know that I would need to wait 14 days for automatic payment though, so thanks. 

A lot of people take time off over Christmas. Just because your client is online, it doesn't mean that he's available to work - maybe he's playing video games or doing Zoom calls with his relatives. Or maybe he did review your work, but he has to consult other people about it, and they're not available because of the holidays. He's allowed to take 14 days.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What's worse is that the client goes online sometimes as shown by his green or idle icon."

I call those "stalker dots."

I don't look at them. I think it is completely unhelpful for you to think about them or even look at them.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members