Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not responsive anymore.

jeraldfeller
Jerald F Member Since: Aug 8, 2017
1 of 5

Hi,

Greetings to everyone. I have a good client and we collaborate and communicate consistently, until such time my client is not responding anymore. Last time my client was unresponse for about 3 weeks and then we talk again(has a personal reason why he's didnt response or online) and then my client talk again and I continue with the task and then he never respond or online again. I've got unpaid milestone Smiley Sad

But my problem was If I end the contract does it affect my Success Rating? since there will be no feedback given.

Please advise...

Thanks

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Jerald,

If the milestone you are referring to has been funded and you completed work for it, you can submit it via the system and request payment. Even if the client doesn't reply, you'll receive your payment 14 days later. Then you can message the client and ask them to close the contract if they don't need any work done anymore. If you don't hear back from them, you can close the contract yourself. 

It won't affect your JSS negatively if you close the contract yourself. No Feedback contracts can have negative affect but only if there is a pattern of such contracts.

~ Valeria
Upwork
jeraldfeller
Jerald F Member Since: Aug 8, 2017
3 of 5

Thanks for the reply.. @Valeria Smiley Very Happy

dualityvfx
Robert P Member Since: Aug 8, 2017
4 of 5

Hello there.

I have wanted to ask about a client i have worked with before. 

I had the job done with the client and he did pay me. A week later or so he wanted a few changes and i made them, Every since there was no respond and the contract just remains open. 

I tried reaching out for him But he wont respond...

Was wondering whats best to do in this situation. I just really want feedback on the contract and not just have it closed. 

Thanks!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Robert,

Please, refer to my reply to Jerald earlier on this thread. I believe it applies to your situation as well.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS