🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client offer expired, now cannot hire me
Page options
robin_hyman
Community Member

Client offer expired, now cannot hire me

About a week ago a client extended an offer to me.  But since she didn't have all of the materials I needed to start, I didn't accept.  

Yesterday the offer expired - right before all of the materials I needed were finalized.  Now she's unable to hire me as it says I've withdrawn my proposal (which I didn't).  

Can someone please help?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pudingstudio
Community Member

Robin H wrote:

About a week ago a client extended an offer to me.  But since she didn't have all of the materials I needed to start, I didn't accept.  

Yesterday the offer expired - right before all of the materials I needed were finalized.  Now she's unable to hire me as it says I've withdrawn my proposal (which I didn't).  

Can someone please help?

Can't she create new job and send you the offer?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
pudingstudio
Community Member

Robin H wrote:

Can someone please help?

Can't she create new job and send you the offer?

Thanks for the recommendation, let's see...

Client was able to create a new job offer and invite me to it.  Thank you for the help!

Robin H wrote:

Client was able to create a new job offer and invite me to it.  Thank you for the help!

Awesome!

Refreshing to see that simple solution works, opposed to plethora of threads with us (users) looking for impossible ones.

lysis10
Community Member

Oh nice. This is interesting because this happened to me over the weekend and I spoke to the client who said he'd come up with something so I could accept the offer. I didn't accept the offer because he didn't have anything for me to bill on the contract. So, I let it expire but I got an email that my bid was declined.

OP, I think they have a bug where the proposal is declined/withdrawn when an offer expires. Just another day tryina make money on Upwork.

Jennifer M wrote:

Oh nice. This is interesting because this happened to me over the weekend and I spoke to the client who said he'd come up with something so I could accept the offer. I didn't accept the offer because he didn't have anything for me to bill on the contract. So, I let it expire but I got an email that my bid was declined.

OP, I think they have a bug where the proposal is declined/withdrawn when an offer expires. Just another day tryina make money on Upwork.

So this is a big problem and I hope Upwork can fix it.  It does not look good for us freelancers if the client thinks we "withdrew" our submission.  That is a false statement and it looks bad that we no longer want the job.  For freelancers who lack communication skills, they would have lost the opportunity.  It should be changed to reflect that the job expired.  

When I wrote Upwork customer support replied with this answer:

"Regarding the original offer with a proposal that shows "withdrawn", it is by design as the proposal associated is no longer active as the offer has expired."

Yes the offer expired but it was not withdrawn by the freelancer.  It is withdrawn by Upwork.  Huge difference!

Luckily for me it all worked out, the client created a new job and invited me to it.  Also, I ended up getting my 4 connects refunded.  

Hope a moderator can pass along this change to the appropriate teams.  

Hi Robin,

I was just chatting with a person from our product team about this and shared your feedback with them. I agree, it shouldn't say Withdrawn by Freelancers on the proposal on the client's end if the proposal is withdrawn due to the expired/canceled offer and we'll work on fixing it in the future.

Thanks for flagging this.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Robin,

I was just chatting with a person from our product team about this and shared your feedback with them. I agree, it shouldn't say Withdrawn by Freelancers on the proposal on the client's end if the proposal is withdrawn due to the expired/canceled offer and we'll work on fixing it in the future.

That would be awesome.  Thank you Valeria!

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Robin,

Hi Valeria

Is there an update on this ?

Thanks

Hey Valeria, any updates? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths