🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client offer me 999$/hour & 700$/hour....
Page options
ac2c127b
Community Member

Client offer me 999$/hour & 700$/hour....

Hello Upwork Community, 

I'm face some problems. and i want to get sloution from Upwork community. 

My one Client offer me 999$/hour and the 2nd offer is 700$/hour. she give me 9 hour limit and she wants to get work in 24 hours. i'm work whole day for this client. and deliver him his work. It's payment Method is varified on 999$/hour. i'm logged my all hours. but when she offer me 700$/hour it's limit is 4 hours per week. and I'm deliver him his work in a single day. but, i'm check it's payment method on 700$ offer is not varified. 

I'm done it's work. and I'm get pay on 05-04-2023. 

I want to know this. what can i get pay safely. please reply me. i'm really worried about it. 

10 REPLIES 10
d9fc6d8d
Community Member

Unless you're getting hired to be a professional NBA player, I don't think anybody is going to pay you $700/hour. This is likely a scam.

elisa_b
Community Member

Your rate is $15.00/hr. You have just a relatively short work history on Upwork. Your JSS is far from impeccable. Why would somebody offer you 700 or even 999 $/hr?

A verified payment method does not mean anything. Look at the history of clients instead - previous hires, feedback and money actually spent.

Next time don't get blinded by your greed - or your need for money. 

Elisa,

When your kids are hungry, when you've been evicted repeatedly, when your living on doubt and fear, the need for money looks differently. "Don't get blinded by your ... need for money." The literal translation for that is "don't get blinded by your need for food, shelter, security." It's easy to forget that.

You are right. I never faced real desperation in my life, so I do not know what it feels. But since those scams aim at stealing money from freelancers that perhaps have little to no money themselves, they should pay extra attention.

And all the more critical to avoid becoming the victim of a scam.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork Hourly Payment Protection does NOT apply to a scheme like this.

spectralua
Community Member

You can not be paid. This is scam.

Are you already transferred to scammer $950 from each promised 1000?

bobafett999
Community Member

What were the jobs that offered YOU such a high rate?  Do you have any hidden talents that are very scarce?

Forget about getting any money.  Just pray that Upwork doesn't suspend you.

ac2c127b
Community Member

Thanks Prashant, I think it's very helpful for me, if you tell me!  if Upwork suspended my account. How can I recover this. .. I'm really worried about it. 

Can I do contact with Upwork support for this. Actually I have no experience. About it. 

And I'm never want to suspended my account.  Can you guide me about it. 

Thanks for your response... 

Have a great day 😊

tlsanders
Community Member

There is no way you can get paid safely, because this is an obvious scam. If you try to claim payment protection on it, you will likely lose your Upwork account, because Upwork will believe you were in on the scam.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members