cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client offline for 2 days

mario169
Mario K Member Since: Jul 20, 2017
1 of 8

Client hasn't been online for 2 days, and I need his review on my work before I can continue developing further, The problem is that I have a deadline and if I don't hear from him soon, I don't know what to do next... What do I do in these situations.?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 8

@Mario K wrote:

What do I do in these situations.?

Work on other things, or just relax ...................  and accept that many people take time off at weekends.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 8

When I'm in a situation where a client is jeopardizing a deadline, I just send a short message along the lines of:

"No pressure on my end, but I know that you had hoped to wrap this project by X date, and I wanted to make sure you realized that I can't move forward until I receive (whatever you're waiting for). I'll need Y days to complete the project once you get that information over to me."

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 8

The client is intelligent and reasonable.

If there is something that he really wants done, and he knows you're waiting for him to provide you with something, he will be available to provide that to you.

If he's offline for a couple days, that's a good thing. He can afford to take a break. It's the weekend.

Don't worry about this so much. You've done your part. Be patient. It's the client's project, and his schedule. He won't penalize you or yell at you for not doing something that couldn't be done because he had not provided you what you needed.

IF he actually does end up being reasonable, then don't take it personally. Freelancers always have the freedom to end a contract at any time, for any reason. But I really don't think it will come to that.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
5 of 8

@Preston H wrote:

The client is intelligent and reasonable.

Where did that come from?! Have you met the guy?

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 8

re: "Where did that come from?! Have you met the guy?"

No, I have not met the client, nor do I know who he is. But I know he is intelligent and reasonable because he hired Mario to work for him.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
7 of 8

So you know Mario pretty well?

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
8 of 8

Mario, 

Just a little off topic, but I would take that money back guarantee out of your overview. It will do nothing but invite scammers. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS