🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client online but not paying
Page options
d_kokologianni
Community Member

Client online but not paying

Hello upworkers,

I have a client that is online, posting new jobs, rating others ..but not responding to my messages.I have done a small text translation for him,he said he was satisfied,I requested payment and he does not answer. What am I suppose to do?

12 REPLIES 12
hoyle_editing
Community Member

If it was a fixed price job then as long as the milestone was funded and you used the submit work for payment button then you will get the funds in escrow after 14 days.
prestonhunter
Community Member

Dimitra:

It DOES NOT MATTER if the client replies.

You already submitted your work with the official green button labelled "Submit Work / Request Payment."

Now just wait.

All of the money in escrow will be released to you AUTOMATICALLY 14 days after you click that button.

When I submit my work, I use that button and that's all. I don't send a message. And definitely do NOT click the button again. Because if you click the button, it restarts the countdown clock.

sarahemccormick
Community Member

You could contact Freelancer Support to see if they can help. We have all been there, I think. I know I have. Worst feeling ever. At least it wasn't a huge job! If you get it sorted, great! If not, count it as a lesson learned. Hoping the best for you!

I dont think there is any need to contact support - they will not contact the client on your behalf. As long as you have used the green submit work for payment button and the client doesnt officially request changes in the next 14 days then the money will be released after 14 days (assuming its fixed price contract and funded)

Clients have no obligation to answer you, and whilst in can be a little annoying that they cant be bothered to click a button to release funds it is just the way it is! - 14 days is a reasonable time for them to review the work and come back and request changes if they find an issue. (also some clients may have multiple staff using the account for different projects, so that could be another explination for seeing activity)

He has subbmited ratings dor all the freelancers in the same project except me

re: "He has submitted ratings for all the freelancers in the same project except me"

If it was me, I would not know about that.

Because i don't check to see if a client is "online" and I don't check to see what the client is doing with other freelancers.

You already know that you simply need to wait, and you will get paid automatically.

How do you want to change your behavior based on what you learned? Do you want to do something differently because the client has submitted ratings to the other members of the team?

The client told me he wants to pay me so I sent a request for payment...I was waiting for about a week and nothing happened.I know he posts other jobs because of my feed.Every time I work for someone I check his profile.

Dimitra,

You have no open jobs showing on your profile at all?

A client cannot give you ratings on the platform if you have no contract setup with them?

Dimitra K wrote:

The client told me he wants to pay me so I sent a request for payment...I was waiting for about a week and nothing happened.I know he posts other jobs because of my feed.Every time I work for someone I check his profile.

If you submitted the work through the "submit for payment" function on the contract you get paid automatically after 14 days. All you have to do is wait.

Jonathan H wrote:

Dimitra,

You have no open jobs showing on your profile at all?

Contracts with nothing ever paid yet do not show on profiles until payment was made.

To be honest it could mean anything - ratings are only submitted when a contract is closed, maybe he is planning to keep yours open so he can give you more work? there is a number of explanations, but ultimatley you should get paid and wont ever know the explination unless the client decides to share - so its really not worth thinking to much about.

On a side note- your profile shows no jobs in progress so im a little unsure what job you are referring to?

I work with fixed-price contracts . I do not know why it is not showing ongoing projects. But yes, this is the first time this happens to me.I will wait then

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members