cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client online/offline status

avikchakravorty
Avik C Member Since: Apr 18, 2014
1 of 7
I would like to see a little green button adjacent to the client's job profile on the work-stream indicating that the client is online and when the client is offline the same button would be grayed out. I think as a freelancer I would know when a particular client is online or offline and accordingly initiate a conversation with the client if required. Not exactly a chat system in real time along the lines of skype perhaps is what I am suggesting but something more along the lines of a color coded symbol, green if you like which would signify that a client is online and the same symbol grayed out when the client is offline. Under the current system a client or freelancer would not know whether a client is online or offline so if a client or a freelancer needs to discuss with the client about a job the client or freelancer would not know when to expect a reply without knowing the online/offline status of a client.
junelle
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
2 of 7
if you have a contract, or were hired officially, by the client then that makes you part of his team, and that allows you to see whether he's online or not. all you need to do is log in to the team app.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
avikchakravorty
3 of 7
As a freelancer I would like to see whether a client is online or offline though. That was my original query.
junelle
Community Guru
4 of 7
you mean without having a contract between you? not a good idea, and i doubt any client would welcome that. it will only open the doors to spam.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
ladyelexia
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
5 of 7
I think you are a bit of the stalking controlling type, not sure what kind of client will like your behavior.
avikchakravorty
6 of 7
With all due respect I think a text conversation between a client and a freelancer about a job that the freelancer may be interested in and likewise a client may be interested in a freelancer's proposal is anything but stalking or trying to be a control freak. I am aware clients interview freelancers they are interested in and all clarification questions could be asked during the interview. All I thought would be a bright idea is to have that online/offline feature right next to the time zone of the client making the freelancer aware that either the client is online or offline and accordingly the freelancer could IM the client should the freelancer need further clarification post the interview. There is one other site which has this feature in place hence my suggestion.
junelle
Community Guru
7 of 7
[quote=Avik C.]... All I thought would be a bright idea is to have that online/offline feature right next to the time zone of the client making the freelancer aware that either the client is online or offline and accordingly the freelancer could IM the client should the freelancer need further clarification post the interview.[/quote] one word: spam. there's nothing wrong with just messaging the client back - and waiting patiently for a reply. i can't understand why you need to know whether he's online or not.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS