🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client opened a dispute after more than 3...
Page options
viviana_almeida
Community Member

Client opened a dispute after more than 30 days - Asking for whole refund

On one of my contract, the client opened a dispute for "the whole payments he had after January", and now its May because he is claiming he was not aware he was getting charged and he didn't want me to work.

- First, Upwrok rules clreay mentioning after 30 days of payment, its not possible to open dispute for those payments, then how could this possible Upwork asking  me to give evidence that clients wanted me to continue working?

- Second: As long as contract is open and I am using Desktop App, how is it possible client claim after such a long time I was not aware I am getting charged and Upwork is asking me to give screenshot of conversations that clients wanted me to continue to work? Then what is the point of having contract?!!!

Our conversations was through corporate chats/emails and clients removed me from all of them, so how can Upwork is asking and wanted to refer to conversations which are not inside the Upwork? 

7 REPLIES 7
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Viviana,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We always recommend freelancers to submit all work and recap contract negotiations and any important conversations/points through the Upwork platform and Messages. This way your communication is easily documented in case an issue arises.

I understand that you are frustrated, but I encourage you not to share information about your case here in the Community especially since it may misrepresent the situation. We will not be able to discuss the details here because it’s a public Community. The team will continue assisting you via the open ticket to resolve the situation.

One of our team members will reach out to you via a ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandr, But I still did not receive reply from Upwork on my ticket.

Hi Viviana,

Please allow more time for our mediation team to follow up on your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Upwork officialy does not respond to my ticket after days, they are forcing me to payback huge hours of my work although I used tracker app and even got paid and approved by client. Clearly against Upwork rules itself they are taking money I have been paid for. You are asking me to not share any details here but I do not get any respond for my ticket, What are my options? Just because clients have money and pay I should lost in dispute? What will happen if I do not accept dispute?  

Viviana Sofìa A wrote:

Upwork officialy does not respond to my ticket after days, they are forcing me to payback huge hours of my work although I used tracker app and even got paid and approved by client. Clearly against Upwork rules itself they are taking money I have been paid for. You are asking me to not share any details here but I do not get any respond for my ticket, What are my options? Just because clients have money and pay I should lost in dispute? What will happen if I do not accept dispute?  

How are they forcing you to pay back the money if they haven't responded to you? 

They respond in the Dispute with Client which in fact asking for having mutual agreement, not answer to my qquestion, but they do not respond in the Agent discussion which is just with Agent.

Hi Viviana,

I checked, and currently, the team is reviewing your case. They will update you directly on your ticket to assist you further. We appreciate your patience while our team reviews your case. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths