🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client opened contract but doesn't send t...
Page options
huang-torchwyck
Community Member

Client opened contract but doesn't send tasks, there is no activity

Sorry, I'm new to this platform.
Half a month ago, I got me a first contract, it's fixed price contract, I was expecting a lot of work from their description
But after they opened this contract, they still didn't send any task or request to start working.
I think they disappeared and I want to end this contract, because there is no activity here.
But I don't want it to be counted as a zero-pay contract, this seems have some negative impact on freelancer's JSS, could someone help me? I can't figure out how to contact Upwork support, I was trying to create new Upwork support ticket but I cannot see any option, I'm sorry if I made any mistake. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Torchwyck H wrote:

But I don't want it to be counted as a zero-pay contract, this seems have some negative impact on freelancer's JSS, could someone help me? 

Don't worry, just close the contract if the client has vanished. But 2 weeks is really waaaay too early. Give it at least another 3 weeks or more. It will not affect your JSS unless the client leaves poor private feedback.

Preston H wrote:

It is impossible to create a fixed-price contract without creating one funded milestone.

He didn't say that there was no funded milestone.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Your story does not make sense to me.

It is impossible to create a fixed-price contract without creating one funded milestone.

You are missing something.

Please go back and look at the details.

Is there an actual contract in place?
Is this a fixed-price contract (not hourly)?

Does an escrow payment appear anywhere?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Torchwyck H wrote:

Sorry, I'm new to this platform.
Half a month ago, I got me a first contract, it's fixed price contract, I was expecting a lot of work from their description
But after they opened this contract, they still didn't send any task or request to start working.
I think it's fake client and I want to end this contract, because there is no activity here.
But I don't want it to be counted as a zero-pay contract, this seems have some negative impact on freelancer's JSS, could someone help me? I can't figure out how to contact Upwork support, I was trying to create new Upwork support ticket but I cannot see any option, I'm sorry if I made any mistake. thanks

An open contract doesn't have any negative impact, no need to contact upwork support. If you want to, end it yourself. 

petra_r
Community Member

Torchwyck H wrote:

But I don't want it to be counted as a zero-pay contract, this seems have some negative impact on freelancer's JSS, could someone help me? 

Don't worry, just close the contract if the client has vanished. But 2 weeks is really waaaay too early. Give it at least another 3 weeks or more. It will not affect your JSS unless the client leaves poor private feedback.

Preston H wrote:

He didn't say that there was no funded milestone.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths