🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client owes me the money!
Page options
adeelahmed54
Community Member

Client owes me the money!

The client owes me the money & he ended the project.

The client asked for a particular service & I had to pay from my pocket & I explained that to the client as well, He said he got confused, I paid $35 for buying the tools for his project & $15 was the price of my project that he bought, $35+15 = $45, and He paid me $20 in total. How can I open a dispute?

6 REPLIES 6
spectralua
Community Member

You cannot. It was ToS violation from your side. Take your $20 and don't tell anyone or you might get banned. Don't make that mistake again.

What do you think violated TOS in this story?

Outside payment from client behalf (or to client's favour).

As i understand that milestone was $20 total. It include and should cover all works. Job done, milestone paid, no reason for dispute here.

There is no rule against a freelancer making a purchase from a third party to complete a job and being reimbursed by the client.

It's true that there's nothing to dispute, but only because the freelancer didn't get the protection of escrow before spending money. 

We don't know what the freelancer bought.

If I need a tool for work, then I buy it myself and include it in the cost of the work. Before the agreement. The work did not take place, these are my problems and my expenses.

arooj78
Community Member

• If you've bought any tool, that's your tool, not the clients.
  • If you've bought any domain, you shouldn't have & ask the client to buy it from his side.

Upwork can & should not enforce such transactions. You should know better. 
No prob, do well next time.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members