🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client paid $50 instead of $180
Page options
lolew
Community Member

Client paid $50 instead of $180

Hello, so I recently got a job from a client. The agreed amount was $180 but she paid $50 cause she told me that she sent an offer but it kept asking her for escrow amount from $5- $50 that the remaining will enter in the next 7 days. The 7 days is the dead line. Now I have delivered this is what it is showing me. I don't know if the client has paid $180 then upwork will credit the remaking amount or if she only paid $50 cause I am confused

F17E5964-9529-4F64-9FC1-A2F46471572A.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
yofazza
Community Member

Sorry but you should only work as much as the funded milestone.

Not sure about the client, if it was an honest mistake / lack of understanding about the system or not, but it's up to them now.

We can say "budget is irrelevant".

martina_plaschka
Community Member

If you knew how upwork works, you would have known that the client is telling you not the truth. You should have insisted that she funds the whole milestone. 

Failing to do that, you should have submitted $50 worth of the task, and waited for the client to activate the next milestone. 

Consider this a learning experience. You could have easily avoided that, but now you know better and will not make that mistake again. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You can message the client and remind her that the full payment is now due, but Upwork can't do anything to help - if it says there's only $50 in escrow, they can't give you any more than that.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members