🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client paused the contract and disappeare...
Page options
vferrari_design
Community Member

Client paused the contract and disappeared. I don't see evidence of the payment.

Hi, 

my name is Valentina, and this was my first contract on Upwork, but it seems that something went wrong. 

I've worked 6 hours, registered hours, not manual ones. I had to earn 140$, but my Upwork wallet shows zero, even though on my personal profile it is written that I've earned more than 100$.

After giving the finished work to the client, she paused the contract and disappeared. I sent a message to her to ask if everything was ok with my work, but she never answered. 

Since it was my first contract on Upwork, I would like some advise from the experts: what would have you done in this case?

I'm afraid to never be paid and also that, if I close the contract without being payed, I could mess up my score before starting. 

So my questions are:

-It is possible to notify this to Upwork? 

- Why didn' Upwork send me the money if I worked with registered hours? (I understood they were guaranteed. The client also has a verified payment) 

- How can I solve this problem without messing up my score and without having a bad review? 

Thank you a lot, 

Valentina 

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client paused the contract and disappeared."

Payment is automatic.

It doesn't matter if the client pauses a contract.

It doesn't matter if a client "disappears."
Those things do not change payment.

re: I don't see evidence of the payment."

You can see all details of your payments here:

Upwork -> Reports -> Overview

You have not done anything wrong.

Nothing has gone wrong with the contract.

Don't send any messages to the client at this time.

re: "It is possible to notify this to Upwork?"

No.

You may not notify Upwork about this.

What so you want to say? "Hello, Upwork. Everything is fine. Bye."

Don't try to contact Upwork Customer Support about this.

By the way, you can close the contract right now if you want to. That won't change how much you get paid. That won't change when you get paid. If it has not been very long since the client paused the contract, I recommend waiting. If it has been a long time, then you can close it now. I would wait at least until after the money is in your bank account,

Thank you for your immediate answers. Useful, and the one about Upwork also really make me laugh. 

Thank's 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Valentina,

You can check your In Review tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. 

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you very much. It's all very clear now!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members