🐈 Community
rolludesig

Client payment method unverified but funds in escrow

hi all,

my proposal was accepted by a client through an interview invitation. The funds are showing in escrow but This client's billing method is unverified.

I have asked the client to get the payment verified to which he has send some query to upwork..now i am in dilemma whether to start with the work or not?

Rahul

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r

@Rahul V wrote:

my proposal was accepted by a client through an interview invitation. The funds are showing in escrow but This client's billing method is unverified.

I have asked the client to get the payment verified to which he has send some query to upwork..now i am in dilemma whether to start with the work or not?

Personally I would start the work, but NOT hand anything over until the payment method is verified because the client CAN NOT release the funds until it's done.

Most people would have advised you NOT to accept the contract until the payment method is verified.

but once i got offer mail with funds  in escrow i thought payment method is verified...

@Rahul V wrote:

but once i got offer mail with funds  in escrow i thought payment method is verified...

You likely also got an email telling you that the contract started but Payment Method is not verified, straight away.

nahidrajbd

Check the clients back history. If client is agreed to pay, he will find a way to pay you via upwork. It depends on your conversation or relation with the client.

Talk with clients and get a clear concept about the transaction problem he is facing.

@Nahid H wrote:

Check the clients back history. If client is agreed to pay, he will find a way to pay you via upwork. It depends on your conversation or relation with the client.

Talk with clients and get a clear concept about the transaction problem he is facing.

What are you talking about? All the client needs to do is verify their payment method.

No verified payment method, there IS no way the client "can find" to pay...