🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client payment
Page options
ahmedalishah98
Community Member

Client payment

I worked for a client on hourly basis. The deadline was 24 hours but I completed the work within 6 hours and 30 minutes but he has set to maximum limit of 5 hours per week. I sent him couple of message to correct the contract but he has not replied ever since. Also the work hours have to be added manually I do not know how to add. Can someone please help as deadline is in 20 minutes.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

If you didn't use the time tracker (BIG MISTAKE), then you need to enter the maximum amount of time allowed manually before it is too late. 

Then, go read the warnings and advice in the New to Upwork section of the forum so can learn how to avoid this situation in the future. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Member

If his CC doesn't fail, you get paid for the 5 hours. If it fails, you out of luck, buddy.

Use tracker.

petra_r
Community Member

Syed Ahmed Ali S wrote:
I worked for a client on hourly basis. The deadline was 24 hours but I completed the work within 6 hours and 30 minutes but he has set to maximum limit of 5 hours per week. I sent him couple of message to correct the contract but he has not replied ever since. Also the work hours have to be added manually I do not know how to add. Can someone please help as deadline is in 20 minutes.

Did you actually use the Upwork tracker to track your time at all?

I did not use upwork time-tracker my client added a manual option. How do you use the time-tracker? Also I was only paid for 5 hours and not 6 hours and 30 minutes , so should I accept it as it is or should I send contact upwork team?

Syed Ahmed Ali S wrote:
I did not use upwork time-tracker my client added a manual option. How do you use the time-tracker?

It is too late now,but download the tracker and use it in future.

Did you add manual time to the work diary? You do understand that there is no protection for manual time?

If the client set the limit to 5 hours, then you get paid for 5 hours.

No point contacting Upwork, nothing they can do.

Is there a separate app? Can you please tell me the name of that app?
Thank you!

Syed Ahmed Ali S wrote:
Is there a separate app? Can you please tell me the name of that app?
Thank you!

My previous post included the link to the download page.

tlbp
Community Member

If you didn't use the time tracker (BIG MISTAKE), then you need to enter the maximum amount of time allowed manually before it is too late. 

Then, go read the warnings and advice in the New to Upwork section of the forum so can learn how to avoid this situation in the future. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths