🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client post same job many times (Is it wastin...
Page options
mandaliya-pooja
Community Member

Client post same job many times (Is it wasting our connection, time and money?)

Recently I faced very poor experience with this client profile...

Please read full post, it is little lengthy. 

Profile: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

He posted the same job 3 times.

1. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have sent the proposal on 1st one. He asking for demo to grab the contract for that job. So, I have provided the demo as per his requirements. He asked me to make the changes in the demo and this was happened 3 times as of now.

So, I have wasted my 2 days in discussion, Zoom calls and demo. Finally, he was satisfied by my job and we discussed the about the working hours and contract.

He said me that he can pay me 10-20 bucks only. But total work needs 7-8 hours to complete and in proposal my hourly rate is $11 instead of hourly rate he wants to pay me 10-20 bucks.

Also, the contract will be based on the fixed price. I told him that I have sent him a proposal because his it’s an hourly based contract. So, I said NO to him and then he told me that he will discuss about hourly based contract to his partner.

When this type clients I found on Upwork then make watch on their profile and job posting also. So, yesterday I visited his profile seen that he posted same job with fixed price and this was 2nd time when he posted same job.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Then I told him that I don’t want to discuss more about this job and I don’t want to work with him.

I know that he cheated on me and wasting my time. I want to share this experience and expose this type of client this was happen with me many times and I am sure many freelancer has faced this situation and fraud.

Then I don’t get any replay on this message.

When this type clients I found on Upwork then make watch on their profile and job posting also.

So, today I visited his profile seen that he posted same job with fixed price and this was 3rd time when he posted same job.

This is my humble request to Upwork team, please prevent this type of clients to do this type of job posting after all its wasting of out connections, money and time. This type of client doing the time-pass only. you can see these all 3 jobs post that how many freelancers are sent him a proposal and wasted their connection with the same type of job and what will be result at last he is not hired anyone.

Also, I have one more issue. If the contract is the fixed price then please prevent to client to write this type of job description.

Description: [You can find this on above three job posts]

“We're looking for an angular developer to assist us in the development of 3 software applications. Firebase experience is a plus.”

How can freelancer know that what type of work he/she got? How many hours needs for work?

Upwork is very genuine and trustable platform but sometimes this type of clients can spoil the environment.

Please do something for freelancers, who want to do job dedicatedly.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for your feedback Pooja, I will share it with our team.

Our team will also review the client and take proper actions if any violations are found.

~ Goran
Upwork

thanks for understanding.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths