🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client posted outside contact information
Page options
82c31eb5
Community Member

Client posted outside contact information

Hello, Upwork team, I hope you are doing well.

I am posting this message because one client posted contact information in his file attached.

I think this is a violation of our platform, so I said him that I could not follow it due to violations of terms and conditions. Also,  I am notifying our kind support, so that we can prevent any scam attempts on this platform.

I have attached the chat history with him, his profile information, and the pdf file content that he attached.

Hope it will help you.

Let me know if you need any additional things or have any news.

Sincerely.

Frederick.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
82c31eb5
Community Member

Thanks, I will.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ArjayM

Hi Frederick,

We truly appreciate you reaching out and reporting this here. I have checked your communications with the CL and you're correct! Sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I have escalated your report to the appropriate team. They will surely review this job along with the client's account and take action accordingly if necessary.

We encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here. You may also want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
82c31eb5
Community Member

Thanks, I will.

Best regards.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members