cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client previous feedback to freelancers not appearing when appling to jobs.

ignaciobrito
Ignacio B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1 of 7

Hi!

i knew  they were going to change how the 5 star system appeared on our profiles etc.

But now when i want to apply to jobs i am not seeing the star rating history ( how they were rated and how they rated other freelancers). So i have no way to know if i am appling to work for an **edited for Community Guidelines**.

Any ideas?

thanks.

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 7

I take it you mean the rating as pertaining to clients.

Yes. I am in total agreement. A freelancer's whole history is spelled out quite clearly, but when it comes to prospective clients, information is sorely lacking, and, I feel, totally unfair.

I believe this is an issue Upwork needs to address.

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
3 of 7

Couldn't agree more. We are given practically no info about a client - maybe an aggregated five-star score, and a list of a small proportion of the reported completed jobs, some with and some without feedback. As freelancers we had got kind of used to having to spend half the time managing our clients - but now we're not even allowed to see the info needed for us to adequately assess the clients before taking them on or not.

I don't want to sound negative - I'm just positively stating that this is the case. I have every faith that you good people in Upwork will see your way to fixing this.

I have to say I really like the new-look Upwork. (No, really - I have to.)

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
4 of 7

@Stephen B wrote:

I don't want to sound negative - I'm just positively stating that this is the case. I have every faith that you good people in Upwork will see your way to fixing this.

I have to say I really like the new-look Upwork. (No, really - I have to.)

You might be laying it on a tad too thick... Smiley Very Happy

But I am sure nobody will notice.

evetodew
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
5 of 7

Can't agree more!!! Freelancers are all wide open with every little detail shown on their profile (to deem it complete), but clients (who don't even have public dedicated profiles) are now completely hidden! Top secret! :-x

I used to decide if I want to apply to a client's job posting on the basis of the history and feedback they had. I saw a client's history and it was awful (thank god I saw it, or I would have applied and messed up my profile). Now what? What's the protection for us? I don't want to begin a contract with anyone for whom I know nothing! The only visible thing is how much they paid so far. Once you remove the star rating, we're done. We'll be shooting in the dark!

d_lidwell
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
6 of 7

@Evelina Z wrote:

The only visible thing is how much they paid so far. Once you remove the star rating, we're done. We'll be shooting in the dark!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the removal of the average star feedback only affecting the freelancer's side? The star feedback rating for each job/contract will still show up (even if the feedback text does appear to be hidden, or broken lol); it's only the overall star rating on freelancer's profiles that will be removed and subsequently replaced with the JSS. Since clients don't have a JSS score, their overall star rating would still be available (or should). 

I do agree, though, that there should be more information available on the clients, including the ability for freelancers to view a profile on the client, as well as fix the bug that is hiding feedback. 

mark8979
Community Leader
Mark C Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
7 of 7

As some clients habitually leave no feedback it is important that we can see each contract.

Otherwise, if we should end up doing a job for one of these clients and get no feedback our JSS will get penalised because, of course in Upwork's eyes, we have done something wrong.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS