🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client rated badly after being suspended for ...
Page options
irfanuddin56
Community Member

Client rated badly after being suspended for weeks?

Hello, I am Irfan Uddin. I have been working on Upwork, almost 5 years now. 

Recently I was invited to a web design project by a client. And I was hired. On the first day, I worked for almost 5 hours(He wanted 40hr/week). Then that day he was suspended by Upwork. Then after more than 3/4 weeks later, he came and ended the contract with a very bad rating. What can I do about it. as it's going to affect my job success score badly. He didn't even reply to my conversation.

I would love to get a proper direction on this job and what to do next.

Thank you

Irfan

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Irfan U wrote:

What can I do about it. as it's going to affect my job success score badly.

The client is still suspended? Contracts with clients who are suspended for policy violations are excluded from the JSS calculation. 

The client's history looks terribly suspicious. Why would a client complain that a freelancer has not paid in time? The amounts paid are weird, too. 

I have sent him message, several times But no reply from him. Last, before he ended the contract, the last time visited the project it showed "suspended". He gave no replay after the first day,  also he was suspended. the rating is being shown in my profile.  I am very much tense, the effect it will make when other clients visit my profile.

Irfan U wrote:

I am very much tense, the effect it will make when other clients visit my profile.

You could very briefly comment on the feedback such as "client was suspended by Upwork after 5 hours" and leave it at that.

Ok sure, I have another query. I lost my top-rated badge it's been a while. After that, I have gained lots of 5* rating with more than 1k+ earning in 12 months. It was showing top rated eligible week 10/16. Then I got various projects, earned also. And my rating is above 90 for more than 7/8 weeks. But I am still not getting the Top Badge. What could be the reason? It still showing top rated eligible week 10/16.

Thank you.

Irfan

Irfan U wrote:

And my rating is above 90 for more than 7/8 weeks. But I am still not getting the Top Badge. What could be the reason? It still showing top rated eligible week 10/16.

That's because you have 6 non-eligible weeks in your 16 week window, and your eligible weeks will stay at 10 until they start falling out of the 16 week window. Once the first of the 6 non-eligible weeks falls out, the number of eligible weeks will start to go up again.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members