Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client rating system

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
21 of 24

And, of course, Petra, maybe the most important difference between dressage scoring and the Upwork JSS is that in dressage the competitors have a general understanding of how their performance will be scored on specific elements of their performance. It is my experience dressage competitors have at least some idea of what areas they did and didn't do well on when they see their scores, even if they don't see specific scores from specific judges. There are no secret factors in this scoring system.

By contrast, the JSS is a blackbox algorithm whose exact elements no freelancer nor anyone who posts on this board knows.

I don't see the comparability between the two systems that you apparently see.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
22 of 24

Will L wrote:

And, of course, Petra, maybe the most important difference between dressage scoring and the Upwork JSS ....

I think you are missing my point.

You were lamenting that some clients think a 3 for "satisfactory" work is OK. I was saying that if something was just "satisfactory" then yeah, a 3 or so is not unfair.

Thing is, Satisfactory is not good or great, it is "nothing went too badly wrong" so yeah, that's a 3ish or a 6 out of 10 or thereabouts.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
23 of 24

Wayne G wrote:

the whole concept "private" feedback boggles my mind. i can't imagine why anyone ever thought that was a good idea.

I understand it. Years ago I was with Elance very briefly and even during my short time there, I could tell that clients were harrassed by freelancers if they didn't give the perfect feedback.

Clients want a job done and then gone (unless it's an ongoing project). I mean would you want to go to Walmart, get that "fill out our survey" thing on your slip, go home and fill it out and then have the Walmart employee repeatedly call you demanding why you rated her the way she did? Would you ever set foot in Walmart again? (Not that it's fun to set foot into Walmart at all, I don't know why I chose that example, but let's leave that aside.)

I'm not kissing up to UW or anything, it has its faults, but I do see the logic in private feedback. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Wayne G Member Since: Mar 14, 2018
24 of 24

if a freelancer in ANY way harrassed a client after a less than favorable review, they should be immediately and permanantly kicked off the platform.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS