🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client recieved work then requested a refund?
Page options
9d40b404
Community Member

Client recieved work then requested a refund?

Hello!

I'm fairly new to Upwork and I need advice on how I should handle this situation.

I wrote and essay for my client then sent the essay to her. She requested the version with the refrences attached at the bottom (which means she read the file), and I sent that to her.

A couple of weeks later I recieved a message from customer support saying she filed a dispute because "she was not expecting a charge from the contract", ending the contract and asking for a refund.

She then messages me saying she never recieved the work because her account was suspended and that she wants a refund. What should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The money is scheduled to come to my account in a few days. I'm thinking I ask her about the original file and send her the work again or via email, but I really really needed this money for emergency medicine.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders
Community Member

3 REPLIES 3
tlsanders
Community Member

Just say no.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Tiffany is right.

Of course you should not give this client a refund.

If the client does not know how to use Upwork, that is not your problem.

The client is welcome to come here to the Community Forum and ask as many questions as she wants to. We'll be happy to help her learn.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I'm thinking I ask her about the original file and send her the work again or via email"

Dont ask any questions.

Just resend the file via email.

It is the client's file.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members