🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client refund and end the contract
Page options
alfiza
Community Member

Client refund and end the contract

Hello Freelancers,

I hope you people are doing well.

I am sumaiya, and I'm facing an issue with the client. I have done their work and he doesn't want to pay me. The due date was 12 July as per our agreement. He refused to release the milestone and ended the contract and sent me a refund request. The dispute is open. 

What should I do? He is blackmailing me also. 

Why client doesn't care about freelancers?

I have been working for a month, and on one milestone he refused to pay me.

Any suggestions? I am very confused.

Thank you in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contact  Support and send them everything you have regarding this client, and make sure to include whatever threats have been made.

Stop communicating with the client. No matter what issues there may be, you never have to tolerate blackmail and threats.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Don't approve the refund and the money in escrow should automatically be released to you in 14 days.

He already knows that funds will release after 14 days. But the dispute is open. He also threatened the upwork. 

Contact  Support and send them everything you have regarding this client, and make sure to include whatever threats have been made.

Stop communicating with the client. No matter what issues there may be, you never have to tolerate blackmail and threats.

Thank you very much for your kind response. the case is open and I have no more experience with this type of dispute. I have contact to upwork on Facebook.

I hope they will help me and I have already sent many proofs to the client. Now I am waiting for the upwork response.

So? A dispute doesn't mean either he or the client will get the money. A mediator will just make suggestions how to resolve it, which are unenforcable by Upwork. But if the client issues a chargeback then the client will get their money back and the freelancer and Upwork can't stop that.

ArjayM

Hi Sumaiya,

I'm really sorry to hear about this unpleasant experience you had with a client. I can see that a dispute ticket has been set up and all necessary information has been forwarded to the appropriate team for further review. Please don't hesitate to communicate through this ticket for updates and further assistance. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
alfiza
Community Member

Thankyou so much for your positive reply, and I hope Upwork resolves my issue soon. I have sent all the details in the dispute conversations. This client is not good and Blackmailing me and threatening Upwork through dispute comments. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members