Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client refund request

joyanto-moulick
Joyanto Kumar M Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
1 of 8

Hi,

I am working my new client project. This project budget is 5$. But suddenly my client paid 1.32$ and request to refund for 3.68$. Reason i am not reached 5$, i was working and reached  1.32$. That means the client not to need more work for this project. The client hires more freelancer for this project and same behavior them.

If i refund 3.68$ then my JSS is dropped?

The client ended the contract. 

Please help me.

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

Hello Joyanto,

Giving refund won't affect your JSS. Please read this link to help you learn what are the things that may affect your JSS.

Untitled

View solution in original post

dataextract
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
3 of 8
//The client hires more freelancer for this project and same behavior them.//

Not really. I have seen he has awarded the same project to 27 freelancers so far including you.

And $1.32 is the least amount he has paid and that is to you. And for others he has paid as much as $32 also.

joyanto-moulick
4 of 8

Hi Ramesh,

You can check below 5$ paid list. Actually, the client hires more freelancer for this project and currently the client has no tasks so today the client ended the project and paid all freelancer without notice.

dataextract
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
5 of 8
But in the project description itself he has clearly mentioned price per photo, isntit?

joyanto-moulick
6 of 8

Hi Ramesh,

Yes, i am clear the prices The work is easy for me. Total photos 2000 and all freelancer work same time so that the photos completed fastly and no more photos available right now. 

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 8

If Upwork minimum fixed price job is $5, but this client can close jobs after paying less than $5 (perhaps by using milestones?) then the fixed price $5 minimum seems completely meaningless. Would Ryan, or any other Upwork moderator, care to comment?

Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
8 of 8

Hi John,

While we understand the issue, we can’t help when users agree to that kind of arrangement. It is ultimately up to users to agree to contact terms and we won’t override those terms. While we only support fixed price contracts that are for $5 or more, we don’t guarantee that a client will actually pay any portion of the $5. A client and freelancer may decide to not complete the project at all and close it with $0 paid. It is up to the client and freelancer to agree on the terms of the contract, and if a freelancer agrees to a contract where the milestone is for $5 dollar but the work is paid on a per item basis, then that is up to the client and freelancer. If a freelancer only wants to work projects where they get a certain minimum, they should agree with the client in advance and include that in the contract. If the freelancer agreed to produce a project for $5 and produced that work which was satisfactory to the client and a client requests a refund, then the freelancer would be entitled to decline the refund.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS