🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client refund the project
Page options
ave_andro
Community Member

Client refund the project

Hi,

Im Andrija.

I was working with one client, his name is **edited for Community Guidelines**. My work was done and I sent to him his logo's in 7 designs, and he told me 'Hi Andrija, unfortunately, I'm going to have to go cancel the job. I passed it on to management and they have decided to not go ahead'.

So he decided to refund, after my work.

I cant believe that UpWork dont give a s**t about clients like this one. I think they deserves penalties, also my time cost, I lost 4 hours on his project for nothing?

Nice one.

Thank You UpWork, always on the client side!

11 REPLIES 11
joansands
Community Member

Were you working on a fixed fee or an hourly fee?

Fixed fee.

kat303
Community Member

Then dispute that refund request and go into mediation and/or arbitration if necessary. It's not your fault that the client decided not to go with the job, You worked, and you should be paid for it.

melaniekhenson
Community Member

When you say he decided to refund, do you mean he asked you to refund?

Please IMMEDIATELY take a screenshot of this conversation. Did the conversation happen through UW Messages?

Hi,

You can see our chat here.

Yes, through UW Messages. You can see that.

Forget the "thanks for your understanding" and fight this. Clients cannot keep getting away with this c__p. Refuse the refund.

Just reread your post. Did you already refund?

Andrija, sorry, I didn't mean you should show us the messages here, I meant you should screenshot the convo to be able to show that the client's reason wasn't dissatisfaction with your work.

By "immediately" I meant before he had a chance to think better of that and delete the message. I assumed you meant this had just happened. We're all limited in the maximum amount of time we have to delete messages.

No refund. You did the work and you did it as described.
kat303
Community Member

I sure hope that you didn't give that refund. (unless your work was sloppy and full of errors). Do not let this client get away without paying you. Freelancing is a business, and you need to stand up for YOUR business otherwise, there will be loads of clients saying and doing this same thing to you. Besides, a job with no money earned will affect your JSS. Dispute this and take it all the way up to arbitration if you have to. 

ave_andro
Community Member

Thank You Kathy very much!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrija, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this client. As a gentle reminder, please refrain from posting chat transcripts here in the Community as it is a violation of the Community Guidelines. I can see that you have already filed a disupte against the refund being requested by the client. The Mediation Team will reach out to you and your client once a complete review has been made on your contract. If you have additional information that you would like to add to the dispute, feel free to update the same dispute ticket. 

I would also like to share this help article for more information about disputes on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members