🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client released half payment and there is no ...
Page options
vanesht
Community Member

Client released half payment and there is no amount in Escrow anymore

Hi everyone,

Client approved half payment but there's no amount in escrow anymore. Can anyone from upwork support team look at it? Technically, remaining half amount should return to escrow.
3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Vanesh K wrote:
Hi everyone,

Client approved half payment but there's no amount in escrow anymore. Can anyone from upwork support team look at it? Technically, remaining half amount should return to escrow.

This is nothing the support team should be bothered with. The client needs to fund the milestone, and you need to tell him: dear client, as soon as you have funded the milestone for the second half, I will start working on it/ send the files/ do whatever we agreed upon for the second payment. 

Martina P wrote:

Vanesh K wrote:

This is nothing the support team should be bothered with. The client needs to fund the milestone, 

What makes you think it wasn't funded? If a job is funded with, say, $ 1000, and freelancer requests $ 500, client approves that, then the remaining $ 500 show up as being in Escrow. It takes a while though.

That then allows the client to set up a second milestone for $ 500, which is funded from the remaining Escrow funds.

Milestone was already funded. I requested for full amount but client needs some modifications that's why he approved half.

The remaining amount is already in escrow according to client (he has shown me screenshots) but I am unable to see any amount in my escrow from that contract.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths