cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client released payment on 07/15. Payment approved after "security hold" on 07/21.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
11 of 24

On a side note, animals in your profile photo are not allowed. Now that yo've drawn attention to yourself with this forum thread, your profile will probably be suspended until you replace it, so you may want to do that pre-emptively.

constance-jones
Constance J Member Since: Jul 23, 2017
12 of 24

Oh Good Lord. Have you nothing better to do than nit-pik non-relevant issues? That's my cat, Duo. She's dead. She was awesome.

Here I am **Edited for Community Guidelines** about very relevant issues, and you chose to pick on my dead cat. Well-played.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
13 of 24

@Constance J wrote:

Oh Good Lord. Have you nothing better to do than nit-pik non-relevant issues? That's my cat, Duo. She's dead. She was awesome.

Here I am **Edited for Community Guidelines** about very relevant issues, and you chose to pick on my dead cat. Well-played.

Actually, I chose to warn you about something that you may not have been aware of that could cause you trouble. I'm sorry I did, and not just because you twisted it into something weird (like you did the Upwork payment process) and found one more thing in it to rant about.

melaniemaghanoy
Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
14 of 24

Hi Constance,

If you have not received the funds in question in your bank account yet, please do not conclude that they are lost. The amount of time it takes to receive a payment can vary depending on banking regulations in your country.

That said, if more than four business days pass and your funds have not been deposited into your bank account, please let us know. At that time, we will be happy to initiate a trace to try to locate the funds.

constance-jones
15 of 24

Thank you. Payment was approved from the "Security hold" on 07/21. It's early on 07/24 now. Doubt it will come in today, as it should have posted at midnight if it was going to.

We're going on four days since payment was supposed to have been withdrawn. We're going on ten days since the client released funds.

Really? Seriously?

Again. THANK YOU.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 24

@Lanie M wrote:

That said, if more than four business days pass

When did it change from 8 to 4?

constance-jones
17 of 24

Another member's post, and Upwork reply, said that it might take up to eight days from security release to post to account. Just referencing that. I have not been eight days from security release -- only four -- which, IMHO, is till too much. Once the client releases funds from escrow and a withdrawl is initiated, it seems only right and proper that the person should be paid for their work.

petra_r
Community Guru
18 of 24

@Constance J wrote:

1) Another member's post, and Upwork reply, said that it might take up to eight days from security release to post to account.

2) Once the client releases funds from escrow and a withdrawl is initiated, it seems only right and proper that the person should be paid for their work.

1) No, the general rule is that it takes 2 to 4 business days (without weekends / public holidays) for the bank transfer (once you have manually initiated a withdrawal to your bank account, which presumably you have done on the 21st?) After 8 days Upwork can initiate a trace via the bank. This usually takes ages and the money almost invariably turns up long before the trace results come back, but in most cases the funds arrive long before the 8 days are up.

2) OF COURSE, but don't you understand that international bank transfers are not instant, and that once funds are in the banking system they are out of reach and processed by banks? Once Upwork sends the money to the bank, which is what happens when you initiate a withdrawal, it's in the banking system. Upwork can't control it or see it.

It takes a few days for the BANKS (!!!) to send money around the globe.

constance-jones
19 of 24

I have done loans, mortgages, transfers, -- it is all done electronically and instantly. Literally, the money appears spontaniously in the account a nano second after the deposit is initiated. Your protestations are falling on deaf ears becuase I have done this before, and never seen such eggregious delays. You guys are sitting on funds. Period.

Stop defending it. This isn't the world of fax machines and telegraph. Any delays in the system are programmed into it so UpWork can benefit from it. Which is FINE, as long as they disclose it. Which they have not adequately done, to my mind.

petra_r
Community Guru
20 of 24

@Constance J wrote:

I have done loans, mortgages, transfers, -- it is all done electronically and instantly. Literally, the money appears spontaniously in the account a nano second after the deposit is initiated.

Constance, where are you based? In the US or abroad?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS