🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client replies but how long do you wait until...
Page options
4ab90c56
Community Member

Client replies but how long do you wait until you hear if the hiring managers want to work with you?

I applied to a job posting for a nursing subject matter expert. Payment verified and the client has an extensive history on the platform. That said, each time I got through to a person who replied quickly. She then said my proposal would be forwarded to the hiring managers for review. A month passed and I didn't hear anything back. The job was then removed, but relisted. Still no one has been hired for this role after it has now been posted 3 months in a row. Any feedback? Why does the client keep listing the same job?

8 REPLIES 8
dangbee
Community Member

I only wait for a week. If the client wants to work with you, they'd probably send a contract right away 🙂 

8e30a943
Community Member

I agree on that 😊

md_sala-uddin
Community Member

It depends on client. I got message from some client after 2 month since the day I have applied for the job. But basically I keep following the job update details like interviews and hiring numbers. Also, wait maximum 7 days then move on to other jobs.

ca3e1b8c
Community Member

Follow up them again and ask them if they are gonna hire you or not. Make it straight to the point so you won't waste your time waiting and expecting.

andi_stiller
Community Member

sometimes it has been months until I got hired...if the interview / discussion drags on for too long though its usually a "no deal". best is to move on then 🙂

gonatoharvey
Community Member

Try to follow up them, But for me, I only wait for 2weeks

kmbullock2013
Community Member

I have been both a client and a freelancer before it was Upwork and was called ODesk. The client doesn't have to HAVE a set time to reply. I usually do this:

I wait for two days tops... and remind them I've applied politely and was just checking the status of the position. Longest I keep in my HOT pipeline is a week. I then move them to back burner but still check/keep them open for responses while I look for others. I've had someone respond in 2 hours and someone respond in almost 90 days. Of course I wasn't waiting 90 days, but I kept the doors open. Just a suggetion :).

4ab90c56
Community Member

Great feedback and pro tips / advice. Thank you all! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members