🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client request refund and trying to threa...
Page options
176b7119
Community Member

Client request refund and trying to threaten me and ruin my profile

I had a client and we agreed to a fixed price contract for $ 200 for 8 hours of work.

After a month, almost every day he asked for extra work, treated me like an employee, did not respect my time and blamed me for his errors.

I had to literally beg him to finish the first contract which took more than a month.

He gave me a 5-star review, and immediately asked to make another $ 50 contract for a similar project, even though I told him I didn't have time.

He was upset because I said no and because in the review I gave him, I was honest saying all of the above, in short he is a bad customer. I blocked it from upwork.

Now he's on Slack threatens to give me a star if I do not change it, and asks Upwork to refund several times.

I do not feel that it is correct to change my review, this client really treats you badly. And all the work was done correctly, and even much more (I uploaded the complete work to upwork so there is no confusion)

What should I do?
4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Ariana P wrote:
Now he's on Slack threatens to give me a star if I do not change it, and asks Upwork to refund several times.

The client can't change the feedback they left you and hasn't disputed, so I would simply tell him that you are not willing to work with him further. Take screenshots of all the threats, tell him you have done so, and that you will report him to Upwork if he doesn't stop.

Then leave the client's Slack. You are no longer working with him, there is no reaon why you would be in his slack. The client can only be rude to you if you allow it.

edulima-dev
Community Member

Contact upwork as soon as you can. The will be able to guide you better. Just is case he tries to contact upwork to say anything against you. 

colettelewis
Community Member

Ariana P wrote:
I had a client and we agreed to a fixed price contract for $ 200 for 8 hours of work.

After a month, almost every day he asked for extra work, treated me like an employee, did not respect my time and blamed me for his errors.

I had to literally beg him to finish the first contract which took more than a month.

He gave me a 5-star review, and immediately asked to make another $ 50 contract for a similar project, even though I told him I didn't have time.

He was upset because I said no and because in the review I gave him, I was honest saying all of the above, in short he is a bad customer. I blocked it from upwork.

I do not feel that it is correct to change my review, this client really treats you badly. And all the work was done correctly, and even much more (I uploaded the complete work to upwork so there is no confusion)

What should I do?

Ariana all you need to do is to refuse to refund and refuse to change your feedback. The client cannot do anything about his feedback as that particular contract is closed. He can file a dispute, and if he does, then make sure you follow everything Upwork's customer service tells you to do.

If I have understood correctly, you have no open contract with this client and other than file a dispute he cannot do anything against you.  

I think you have done absolutely the right thing about giving honest feedback and it is high time that clients of this sort are strongly discouraged on Upwork. 

Do not have anything more to do with him either on Upwork or on Slack or any other social media. I also think you should report his threatening behaviour to Upwork. 

[ETA: Sorry about the repetition Edouardo and Petra, I didn't see your posts until I had posted mine.]

jr-translation
Community Member

Ariana P wrote:

What should I do?

Do you have an open contract with him? If not, he cannot change the feedback without your permission.

Block him everywhere and do not refund him.

ETA: All the others already wrote the same.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members