🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client requested a refund
Page options
missrosaly
Community Member

Client requested a refund

Dear community moderators/gurus,

I have a client who requested a refund for my 2weeks ago work. I’ve ended the contract this week due to his behavior (unprofessional and inconsiderate) and few days after I received a refund request. Now, I don’t want to refund it because I’ve worked for those hours and used the upwork tracker with memos. His reason for the refund is that I didn’t give results. The job was telemarketing, I’ve done the cold calling job and all were recorded.

Question is, how can I turn down the refund request? There is no options or button to turn down or cancel the request or even to file a dispute.

Please help.
1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Rosaly V wrote:

Question is, how can I turn down the refund request? There is no options or button to turn down or cancel the request or even to file a dispute.

First of all, remember that the client simply requested a refund. They have not disputed, and if your work diary is fine (with memos, good activity levels etc) then even if the client disputes, they won't get anywhere.

You can just respond in Messages that you are sorry the client is disappointed, but that you worked the hours you were paid for and will not entertain a refund.

Irritatingly the refund request does not have a "decline" button.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members