🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client requested escrow refund by accident
Page options
jacarmichael
Community Member

Client requested escrow refund by accident

As above^^

I've checked over with the client and they said they're not sure how it happened; they're totally stoked with my work and have more projects in the pipeline.

I can't seem to reject the refund request without filing a dispute, nor can they work out how to retract it. Will this affect either of our ratings in the long-term? Am I ok to just leave it unresolved?

Thanks again all! 

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

The quickest and least stressful way to resolve it is to get the client to issue a bonus payment of the sum agreed, and then approve the return of the escrow funds.

That way you get your money and there is no dispute and nobodies metrics take a hit (unless the client left bad feedback)

Ok great thanks Petra. Can I take from this that metrics will take a hit if it's left unresolved?

Thanks!

James C wrote:

Can I take from this that metrics will take a hit if it's left unresolved?

Yes, most likely. And your JSS can not afford another hit, you are already below the pain barrier of 75%

Hmm yeah I'm not really sure why that is. I have only just got a score and it started at 70% even though I've got 5 stars on all my projects. Could it be because I have two projects still open?

James C wrote:

Hmm yeah I'm not really sure why that is. I have only just got a score and it started at 70% even though I've got 5 stars on all my projects. Could it be because I have two projects still open?

Really poor private feedback. As in "appallingly bad" private feedback. Very, very unhappy clients.

Take a look on your My Stats page and look for the "clients who would recommend me" percentage. Anything below 90% is poor. Anything below 75% means Upwork would rather you were not there. Anything below 50% means "nightmare."

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members