🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client requested for a refund
Page options
usamaqureshi
Community Member

Client requested for a refund

Hi Upwork,

I have an issue regarding my client.

The Client approached my gig places an order for youtube views. He said, "I need maximum views on my Youtube video. I said, I will provide you. He said, "okay, and go work". I then started the work he sends me the URL of his Video, his video contains only 158 views before, I started working for him. After that, I have provided him more than 5K views. I have shared a Screenshot of his video with him. He said this is not your work. Even Views are shown at Video. Now till he has taken more than 10K views from. Even I provided him views. He said, share your work Screenshot, this is against our rule, due to privacy we cannot share our promotion method with the client. I said, I only Updated you with your Youtube Views Screenshot. As soon as he realized that his job was done, he requested a refund from me. Everything was clear client ended the contract and left a good review.
We are doing hard work and maintain our JSS like this client spoils our profile. This is the biggest tragedy for a freelancer. He has given me a 5-star review. After doing the work he requested a refund. That not good. 

How can I get the money? Please assist me.

Thank you

18 REPLIES 18
prestonhunter
Community Member

Was this an hourly or fixed-price contract?

How much money have you already received from the client?

How much money do you expect to receiving but he is not releasing to you?

Was this an hourly or fixed-price contract?

This was a fixed-price contract

How much money have you already received from the client?

I had received 520$ from the client after that he refund it.

How much money do you expect to receiving but he is not releasing to you?

I am expecting to receive 520$ because after completing the work he request the refund it

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I checked and it looks like you already approved the refund a few days ago. For more information about refunds, you can check this article.

Regarding the impact on your score, contracts set up via Project Catalog will work like any Upwork contract and the client will have the option to leave feedback that could impact your Job Success Score. However, you can request feedback removal once a month on contracts started through your projects. You’ll also be able to cancel a contract within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements to you without any penalty or impact on your Job Success Score. To learn more about Project Catalog, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for your reply

I completed his work, when he realizes, that his work is completed, he generated the refund request without any intimation.

Muhammad U:
The Forum Moderator said that you already refunded all of the money back to the client.

So that means this matter is now over.

Next time:

When you do the work that you were hired to do, keep in mind that you are supposed to be paid what the client agreed. Don't refund the money.

It is inappropriate, unprofessional, unethical and immoral for a client to hire a freelancer to do some work, and then (after the freelancer does that work), ask for a refund.

I didn't return the money to the client. The client took my money back from me 

re: "I didn't return the money to the client. The client took my money back from me"

I am certain that you are disappointed by what has happened.

But I believe it is VERY IMPORTANT for you to understand exactly what happened.

If I am incorrect, then we need to fix that. We need to be clear in this thread about what happened, so that you can avoid problems in the future.

I think what happened is that after you did the work, the client clicked a button to request a full refund.

That created a REFUND REQUEST.

That request was sent to you.

Upwork wanted you to APPROVE or NOT APPROVE the refund request.

You clicked a button that indicated you approved the request.

Then the money went back to the client.

==========

Do you think that it is POSSIBLE that things happened the way that I describe above?

Sir, I already said, "I didn't return the money to the client" Why I will refund the client? The client has taken all of the money from me. I do not want to return the money. Please check the problem. I didn't click a button to approve the refund request.

Muhammad U wrote:

Sir, I already said, "I didn't return the money to the client" Why I will refund the client? The client has taken all of the money from me. I do not want to return the money. Please check the problem. I didn't click a button to approve the refund request.

Aleksandar, who works for Upwork, said that their records show that you DID approve the refund. If this is not accurate, you should contact Upwork support directly to figure out what went wrong. 

Okay, How can I contact Upwork Support?

re: "How can I contact Upwork Support?"

- click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

- you may be asked what type of account you need help you

- go ahead and select the best option.

- if you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Get Support" for more options, including contacting the support team.

I have no reason to doubt your sincerity.

This means we have not yet gotten to the bottom of this.

The moderator said "I checked and it looks like you already approved the refund a few days ago.

But you did not click a button or do anything to approve a refund.

This is a discrepancy. I don't have an answer for you. I hope someone with greater expertise or access can help clear this up.

Sir, the problem is that, Can I get back my money? or If you have no answer tell me how can I contact Upwork support and help?

re: "Can I get back my money?"

Probably not.

re: "tell me how can I contact Upwork support and help?"

Carefully read each post in this thread. One of the posts has detailed instructions about how you might be able to contact Upwork Customer Support.

Hi Muhammad,

Apologies for the confusion. I already edited the post. You didn't approve the request, but it was sent due to the issues with the client's billing method. Our team already followed up with you on this support ticket with more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank God,
That's all I was trying to tell you, I didn't approve the request. I want my money back. Please help me

Thanks

Muhammad U wrote:

I didn't approve the request. I want my money back.

That's probably not going to happen. It sounds like a charge-back or that the money was paid from a stolen or hacked payment method. It's also an unusually large amount compared to all your others. Your jobs are generally mostly between $5 and $25. So a $520 is unusual...

The client himself paid me. This was my first big project. It looks like a freelancer's career and money are not safe here.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members