🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client requested for escrow funds after i...
Page options
lukema_amination
Community Member

Client requested for escrow funds after i have delivered the job 13days ago

Hello!
I did a job for a client and delivered approximately 15 days ago, the client did not approve the milestone and i sent her messages so she can approve the milestone and end the contract. She didn't respond. So when its now 14days which I'm supposed to get the funds automatically, she requested for the funds to be returned without no reason. I sent her a message to ask her the reason for her action, but she didnt give me a single reply. I think what im left to do is to file a dispute, but I'm scared it will affect my JSS when i finally get one. I'm currently a rising talent, and i don't want to have a bad JSS. Please any help or advice will be appreciated.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ojekunle A wrote:
I sent her a message to ask her the reason for her action, but she didnt give me a single reply. I think what im left to do is to file a dispute, but I'm scared it will affect my JSS when i finally get one. I'm currently a rising talent, and i don't want to have a bad JSS. Please any help or advice will be appreciated.

The dispute as such will not affect your JSS, but the client's feedback will (for better or for worse) - that has already been left so it makes no difference as far as impact goes whether you dispute or not.

If you did the work correctly, you deserve to be paid.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Ojekunle A wrote:
I sent her a message to ask her the reason for her action, but she didnt give me a single reply. I think what im left to do is to file a dispute, but I'm scared it will affect my JSS when i finally get one. I'm currently a rising talent, and i don't want to have a bad JSS. Please any help or advice will be appreciated.

The dispute as such will not affect your JSS, but the client's feedback will (for better or for worse) - that has already been left so it makes no difference as far as impact goes whether you dispute or not.

If you did the work correctly, you deserve to be paid.

prestonhunter
Community Member

It sounds like the client doesn't see you as a person, but is just pushing buttons thinking "maybe I can get free money!"

A client who tries to get a refund after you have already provided the work is unprofessional, unethical, and immoral.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members