🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client requested refund but job is ended and ...
Page options
rsstechno
Community Member

Client requested refund but job is ended and all escrow payment has been released.

Hello,

I'm having an unfortunate experience with a client, and I'd appreciate any advice.

I just complete a job with 100$ fixed rate. Client's primary requirements were vague. I faced difficulaties to complete this job, as he asked new features with each feedback. After that he released the milestone. I asked him to end the contract. He asked me end from my end and give him a 5 star ratting. I ended the contract and gave him 2.5 rating and he also gave me bad feedback.

4 days after contract end, he requested refund full amount. What should I do now?

10 REPLIES 10
PradeepH

Hi Shirsendu,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Leaving a bad review for a freelancer after a couple  update on a project by the client which was not disclosed before the project starts. Don't you think that will chase away future client to work with the freelancer?

Just asking as I am also new.

He is not new.  He has more than 100 jobs.  The key is sto spend time in defining what exactly you will do.  Now a days since the jobs are scares many freelancers jump at any opportunity they get and get into trouble.

Exactly. My bad, I took this job.

bobafett999
Community Member

Don't pay.  Close the contract and block him.  He already left a bad review.  By going to support you muddled the waters.  Don't worry about bad feedback,  you have many great feedbacks 

By now haven't you learned that buyers are Gods on upwork?  They will bend backwards to please them.

Shirsendu:

Of course you shouldn't pay money to this client.

You worked on behalf of this client, and now he is trying to steal money from you?!

This client is behaving in an unprofessional, unethical, and immoral manner. Don't help him.

"Byers are Gods" this notion is well known. I never faced any Dispute here in Upwork. After so many projects I got this. Client already raised a dispute. I think that is baseless. 

r2streu
Community Member

You should ignore him. 

Community Member

I asked him to end the contract. He asked me end from my end and give him a 5 star ratting.

If the client, in any way, threatened you with negative feedback or offered something in exchange for positive feedback, they violated Upwork's ToS and you should report them for feedback abuse (which Upwork considers extortion, bribery).

4 days after contract end, he requested refund full amount. What should I do now?

Dispute the refund request. Actively engage in mediation (check your emails!). Keep all of your communication with the client on either the Upwork dispute ticket or the contract chat room. Upload written/digital communications that you have had with the client off-platform, if any. Remain professional. Point out any and all examples to the mediator of the client's violations of the ToS.

rsstechno
Community Member

Client already close the dispute. From begining it is baseless dispute. I just lost some time. Thanks for your reply

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members