🐈 Community
halilimedia

Client requesting a partial refund

Hi all. My client requested a partial refund today on a Milestone 1 (approved May 4, 2018) for a logo design. Her message essentially stated that my concepts were too far away from their intended vision (which is interesting, since I designed concepts extremely close to their initially provided samples, and we had edit rounds where I quite literally re-drew additional images they provided...).

The Milestone 1 funds were withdrawn and deposited into my account long ago. Milestone 2 was final file delivery. We never reached that.

I just wonder what my options are here. I don't see an option to dispute or say "nope". The only options are to Give Refund or Cancel that window. In my opinion, I over-delivered, especially in regards to options, and I don't think I should pay any refund. Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jan H wrote:

Can I just ignore (cancel) the refund request and end the contract without possibility of dispute? Is the only apparent downside to that solution a negative review?

Yes and yes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r

@Jan H wrote:

Hi all. My client requested a partial refund today on a Milestone 1 (approved May 4, 2018)

I just wonder what my options are here.

Up to you. The client can no longer dispute. Is the contract closed?

Thanks for the reply, Petra. The contract is still open. Can I just ignore (cancel) the refund request and end the contract without possibility of dispute? Is the only apparent downside to that solution a negative review?

@Jan H wrote:

Can I just ignore (cancel) the refund request and end the contract without possibility of dispute? Is the only apparent downside to that solution a negative review?

Yes and yes.

Much appreciated Smiley Happy