🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client requesting to meet through proposal me...
Page options
doniconner
Community Member

Client requesting to meet through proposal messages but unresponsive once I send a meeting invite

I am doing something incorrectly? I am new and not sure if this is a common thing. Please help! Two different verified clients responded to my proposal in a message and asked if I could meet at a certain time. I responded yes, then sent a meeting invite and then I was basically ghosted. They did not respond to my meeting request and now are not responding to my follow-up questions. Is this something that happens regularly? I had no problem with my first client responding and meeting, what gives?

5 REPLIES 5
pgiambalvo
Community Member

I don't think you're doing anything incorrectly. But yes, sometimes clients flake on you. I've found that repeatedly following up with someone who's unresponsive rarely works. If they want to hire you, they'll reach out when they're ready.

Thank you Peter. Good to know that following up with someone rarely works. So I'll let my anxiety rest knowing I didn't respond incorrectly and move on.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Oh, and only communicate with them through Upwork until after a contract is in place.

data_divas
Community Member

Check your proposals, are the jobs still there or were they removed?  It's possible the jobs were removed for TOS violations.  Your new, you'll be a target for scammers.

doniconner
Community Member

Thank you Julie. 
Both jobs are still posted, and one client is an Upwork Plus Client. I hope I won't get too many scammers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members