Did you mean: 

Client requests an Escrow Refund

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
21 of 29

Will L wrote:

Victoria T.

Have you formally submitted work to request release of the remaining $60 in escrow to you?

Have you or the client subsequently closed the project?

The OP doesn't say whether she even worked on the second milestone. It sounds like Petra and Jennifer are better positioned to advise her on this.

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
22 of 29

Or maybe, Christine, you could provide useful advice to the original poster, now that you're here.

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
23 of 29

Will L wrote:

Or maybe, Christine, you could provide useful advice to the original poster, now that you're here.

I wish that I could, but I have no experience with clients asking for refunds or initiating disputes, so I think it's best if I don't hijack this thread and confuse the OP.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
24 of 29

Will L wrote:

The OP has had all the advice she needs (and some that is just plain wrong) so there is really no need for anything else.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
25 of 29

Victoria T wrote:

Hey there,

I have been working with a client who already paid me 100USD for the work I have done. Currently, in the Escrow there is a sum of 6OUSD and the client requested me to refund it, saying I should 'release' this 60USD. I am confused about what I have to do. Whom does this 60USD go to? Is this a normal procedure? I would really appreciate a reply.

Thank you in advance

Victoria,

Re your question: The only posts you need to read and the only person you need to listen to is Petra. She knows the system inside out and will not muddy the waters with incorrect advice. 

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
26 of 29

So, Nichola, do you share Christine's belief that only a person who has personally gone through the refund process on a fixed rate project should respond to requests from other freelancers' for opinions and feedback on refund problems related to fixed rate projects?

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
27 of 29

I think, Will, those of us who have found fault with your hijacking this thread are less concerned about your lack of experience and more concerned about your lack of relevant knowledge and your insistence nonetheless on going on at length about it. I believe you were the person who first raised your personal experience as being relevant.

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
28 of 29

Well, Douglas Michael M, I hope all of you are gentle with Petra the next time she weighs in here when other freelancers say they have a problem with refund requests on hourly projects.

She has said she has never had an hourly dispute, but I'd have to disagree with anyone who says she couldn't possibly have any useful knowledge or opinion on that subject.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
29 of 29

Will L wrote:

Well, Douglas Michael M, I hope all of you are gentle with Petra the next time she weighs in here when other freelancers say they have a problem with refund requests on hourly projects.

She has said she has never had an hourly dispute, but I'd have to disagree with anyone who says she couldn't possibly have any useful knowledge or opinion on that subject.

This thread is not about hourly disputes. It is about a new freelancer who wanted help on a possible refund on a fixed-price job. Petra did not "weigh" in, she answered the OP with the correct advice.  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS