cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client requests invoice (fixed price job)

h_golighty11
Ace Contributor
Deborah C Member Since: Oct 29, 2012
1 of 16
Hi Folks! Does anyone know, why should a client of a fixed price project, request an invoice for the payment? Doesn't any payment simply go through oDesk, like the upfront payment? Regards, Deborah
g_nembhard
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 16
Hi Deborah, Invoicing and payments are handled using the oDesk system. There's no reason to send an invoice to a client. Your client needs to read the terms and conditions.
h_golighty11
Ace Contributor
3 of 16
In act I told him that everything is handled by oDesk. Weird! Waiting for him to answer.
g_nembhard
Community Guru
4 of 16
You're welcome. Maybe he just hasn't read the terms for the site. Once you submit the work to him, he needs to go into his account and release the payment to you and then it'll show up in your account as normal. He might find this link useful. https://support.odesk.com/forums/21796297-Fixed-Price-Jobs
h_golighty11
Ace Contributor
5 of 16
says that he will pay through oDesk but he NEEDS a TAX invoice as well.
g_nembhard
Community Guru
6 of 16
All of that should be available in his account. He needs to browse through his account and look at the various options. Tell him to look under 'reports' with his account.
h_golighty11
Ace Contributor
7 of 16
I sent a message to the support. Maybe it's better if they get in touch with him.
g_nembhard
Community Guru
8 of 16
OK, hope it works out for you.
h_golighty11
Ace Contributor
9 of 16
for now, not really.. the client is stubborn and even if I told him what the support told me just before, he answered that he always got another invoice from the other freelancers. He disappeared.. It's really frustrating. You choose to trust someone, it seems to work well and then they find something that isn't such a problem, to argue! I have no invoice to give him.
g_nembhard
Community Guru
10 of 16
Sadly, it sounds as though he's making excuses to justify not paying you. You should always come to an upfront payment arrangement before starting work.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS