🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client retaliation - No support from Upwork
Page options
pmsupport
Community Member

Client retaliation - No support from Upwork

A recent client asked me to work off of Time Tracker, said he would pay me a bit more directly, and he would save money. I declined as it would violate my contract and Time Tracker has provided protection before. After three weeks, he asked that I attend an onsite meeting with his client out of town. Again, he wanted to pay me directly for the time off time tracker and declined to pay any travel time or expense for a 130 mile round trip for a two-day meeting. I offered full remote support only (which is how we'd been working, including a client call), and he terminated the contract. I just found out he gave me a low rating in feedback and a negative review. I asked Upwork for the opportunity to respond, or deletion of the revenge review -- with no response. The interface won't let me respond. Any suggestions.?

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

If you have any proof of your client asking you to circumvent, you should report him. Also you can (or should be able to) leave a comment on his feedback. If you do, keep it short and sharp (almost a one-liner if possible). If this were me, I would certainly mention his  intention to violate Upwork's ToS. 

I have flagged your post, so that a moderator can respond. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Martha,

Generally, feedback can't be disputed or removed by Upwork team (with a few exceptions.) That said, I'll ask one of our support agents to reach out to you directly as it appears that not all interactions took place in Upwork Messages and we may need a bit more information. They'll be assisting you directly with your report as well as with the issue you're having trying to post a response to feedback. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Sorry, but you are almost certainly going to be stuck with the bad review.

the-right-writer
Community Member

I understand this is a frustrating situation. If I were looking at profiles in your area, I would not look at just one client's response. Additionally, I would wonder why they paid you a rather large sum if you were so off-track?

All you can do is keep working and let this go.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members