🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client retroactively changed weekly limit for...
Page options
noamflam000
Community Member

Client retroactively changed weekly limit for hourly billing -- will I be paid?

Hi everyone,

I have a client who I was working with at 5hrs/week. One week, they wanted me to go over, so I worked ten. The dates in question are July 29th and August 1st. On my work diary, it notifies me that I'm in "overtime" on August 1st and my client has to confirm my payment.

Today (Aug 18) the client changed the weekly allowance. He told me to double check that I'll be paid for that time, and if not, to request a bonus. 

I'm not exactly sure how the timing works with billing and whatnot. Will I be paid for this time if he changed the hourly allowance today, or is it too late and should he pay it as a bonus?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Noam,

For the week from July 27 to August 2, your client was billed only for 5 hours. You can also view the details about this by going to Reports > Transaction History > and filtering your earnings by date. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Noam,

Could you please share the Contract ID with me so that I can check the details and advise you accordingly?
I would also like to clarify that the hours tracked above the weekly limit will not be billed to your client. Example: if you have a weekly limit of 5 hours and you have worked 8 hours in the previous week, your client will be billed only for 5 hours. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sure, the contract ID is

Hi Noam,

For the week from July 27 to August 2, your client was billed only for 5 hours. You can also view the details about this by going to Reports > Transaction History > and filtering your earnings by date. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Noam,

The few times I have I have bumped up against the weekly hours limit for a project I notified the clients that they would need to increase the hourly limit if they wanted me to continue working on their project that week or I could hold off continuing working on the project until the following Monday, when the new Upwork week began and the weekly hour limit was automatically reset.

If they increased the weekly limit during the same week I was doing the work, there was no problem with proper billing.

Excellent, thanks. I had assumed it would be easy for them to confirm the hours retroactively, but this is good to know.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths