🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client's Feedback to You Client's feedback is...
Page options
jeffbanal
Community Member

Client's Feedback to You Client's feedback is hidden until you provide feedback

Let's say your client ended your contract and gave you feedback of 3 stars but you didn't give them feedback. Will it affect your JSS?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jeffrey,

The feedback period is 14 days from the end of a contract. The system is double-blind, which means that feedback won’t be visible until both parties provide it for each other. If only one party leaves feedback, it will be posted after the 14-day period has expired. The feedback you have received on your contract will be included in your JSS as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jeffrey,

The feedback period is 14 days from the end of a contract. The system is double-blind, which means that feedback won’t be visible until both parties provide it for each other. If only one party leaves feedback, it will be posted after the 14-day period has expired. The feedback you have received on your contract will be included in your JSS as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

If they already gave me feedback can they retract or change the feedback and scores that they have given to me?

Jeffrey B wrote:

If they already gave me feedback can they retract or change the feedback and scores that they have given to me?

Clients can retract private public (edited as was wrong, Thanks Jennifer) feedback. However, they can only change it if you enable them to do so. Whatever they do, the part that affects the JSS is the private feedback, which can be neither changed nor retracted.

Jeffrey B wrote:

Let's say your client ended your contract and gave you feedback of 3 stars but you didn't give them feedback. Will it affect your JSS?

Of course. When a client leaves feedback it affects the JSS for better or for worse. Whether you leave feedback or not makes no difference other than the poor feedback not showing on your profile for a bit longer.  The average (!) star rating on Upwork being 4.9, a 3 means that client was unhappy and will have left poor private feedback too.

Petra R wrote:

Jeffrey B wrote:

Clients can retract private feedback. However, they can only change it if you enable them to do so. Whatever they do, the part that affects the JSS is the private feedback, which can be neither changed nor retracted.

I think you meant: Clients can retract public feedback.

Anyway, asking a client to change the feedback can be considered feedback  manipulation.

What I meant is, for example, I gave them 1 star and they have already given me let's say 3 stars. The moment they saw my feedback was 1 star can they retaliate to me and change their feedback to me instead of 3 can they change it to 1 star?

Jeffrey B wrote:

The moment they saw my feedback was 1 star can they retaliate to me and change their feedback to me instead of 3 can they change it to 1 star?

No, they can't, unless you enable them to do so

Jennifer R wrote: Clients can retract private feedback. However, they can only change it if you enable them to do so. Whatever they do, the part that affects the JSS is the private feedback, which can be neither changed nor retracted.

I think you meant: Clients can retract public feedback.

on.

I did indeed! Thanks!!!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members