🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client's Low Hiring rate
Page options
optimumtechco
Community Member

Client's Low Hiring rate

I wanna know is there any mechanism on Upwork to track client Job hiring scores, I mean Upwork is monitoring client's Job hiring scores? I have seen a lot of clients who have posted a lot of jobs but their hiring rate is below 5 to 30%. This isn't injustice with Freelancers? Freelancers are wasting their Connects to apply to these jobs, in the end, the client doesn't hire anyone. 

Suggestions to Upwork:

1. If any freelancer is applying for a job and in the end, the client isn't hiring anyone then the Connects should be reimbursed to the freelancer.

2. Secondly there should be some restrictions on clients not to spam the platform by just posting jobs without hiring anyone.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'd also like to confirm that when you use your Connects, you are investing in the opportunity to promote your services to prospective clients. Your Connects are not returned if the client chooses another freelancer, lets the job expire without hiring, or if you withdraw your proposal from a project. In the following cases, these Connects will be returned:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

You may want to check out the following for helpful tips:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

10 Upwork Profile Examples That Will Help You Get Clients

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write a Cover Letter

How to Get More Jobs on Upwork in 2022

You can find more helpful resources here.

Additionally, please read about Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
roberty1y
Community Member

At the moment, you can filter clients for number of hires (0, 1-9, 10+) when searching for jobs. But you can't filter for hire rate, e.g. 50+ percent, or whatever. It might be a good idea for Upwork to add that.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Agree.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths