🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client's Project Freezes
Page options
daphnejw
Community Member

Client's Project Freezes

A client's project with a fixed price, breaking down to 3 milestones. He was in hurry to start the project, so only the first milestone was addressed when we signed the contract. Originally we planned to add following 2 milestones when the project gets going and he has a better picture of how it will roll out. 

Howevever, his proejct freezes, and it has been no progress for more than 6 weeks. Should I ask him to complete this contract? or should I let the contract open? Which way is better for my profile for the algorithm prospective? 

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Daphne,

Could you please confirm the contract ID you're referring to so I can check? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
daphnejw
Community Member

Here is the contract ID: 26691292

Hi Daphne,

I checked the contract and everything seems to be working as designed. I'm sorry to hear your client has become unresponsive. Please know that Upwork Fixed-Price Protection only covers funds in escrow (milestone) and not the entire project or any promised funds. Often freelancers wait for their clients to end a contract so they will leave feedback and make any final payments. However, if you end your contract with an unresponsive client and they don’t leave feedback, it won’t affect your Job Success Score.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members