cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client's Work History & Feedback Set to Private?

Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
21 of 28

I can see why freeancers are annoyed by this new option. When I first read the thread, that was my feeling too because I also check client's history before applying to any job. 

But I gave it a second thought and I'm ok with it. I wish Upwork could give shady / paranoid clients as many options as possible to hide their history, keep a low profile, you name it.

I don't think that a client who values honesty and transparency will ever hide their history. And that's the type of client I'm looking for on Upork.

Right now, I don't apply to clients with no history or to clients who are constantly giving poor fedback. I am very happy to add on this list clients who hide their history. Hope paranoid and shady clients will use this feature. Maybe some of the good clients will try it, that's still ok and maybe they will eventualy realize there is no real benefit from doing so.

When opening the job feed, I am always looking for ways to shorten the list of my potential applies. Seems Upwork will make me a favour. Connects are valuable and so is my prospecting time Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
22 of 28

@ Ela, from what I can see with this specific client (if it’s not a bug) then he has hidden only the bad feedback.

@ Krisztina, the feedback that is visible is from 2014 and it’s all 5 stars. I am guessing the 5 contracts that are missing are with poor feedback, but I can’t tell whether they are from 2014 or from this year.

- I am with you about the option of hiding the earnings.

- If top clients are allowed to hide certain parts of their profiles, would top rated freelancers be given the same choice? Smiley Very Happy

@ Cristian, we now have the option to choose not to apply for jobs posted by clients with no feedback, low feedback or private feedback. However, if this option is given to all clients then what happens if all of them decide to hide their feedback? There will be no jobs left to apply.

I also tend to avoid jobs where the client has no history, however I worked for a new client recently and he turned out to be pretty good. But it’s not a risk I am always willing to take.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
23 of 28

@Aleksandra K wrote:

- If top clients are allowed to hide certain parts of their profiles, would top rated freelancers be given the same choice? Smiley Very Happy

Oooh, finally some Top Rated 'entitlement' on this side of the fence. I like it Smiley Very Happy

That's a truly brave move in the peasant's forum.

Well played, Aleksandra!

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
24 of 28

@Aleksandra K wrote:

@ Cristian, we now have the option to choose not to apply for jobs posted by clients with no feedback, low feedback or private feedback. However, if this option is given to all clients then what happens if all of them decide to hide their feedback? There will be no jobs left to apply.

Sorry, Alksandra—I can't help but think of when I was speaking on Gay Liberation (as we said then) educational panels and almost invariably someone would ask [sic], "But what if we let everybody be gay and everybody was and then the human race would die out!?" I have to say that every client hiding their feedback is pretty low on my very long list of worries.

Best,

Michael

Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
25 of 28

Michael,

“ I have to say that every client hiding their feedback is pretty low on my very long list of worries.”

Precisely because we have so many things to worry about lately I don’t think that the option to hide the feedback should be available for clients.

Of course I don’t think that every client would bother hiding their feedback if they could but I am trying to emphasise that the option to be able to see previous feedback is important (at least for me). I greet those freelancers who don’t really care about JS or whether the client has a history of negative feedback, but for me it is a relevant factor that decides if I would like to work with the client or not.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
26 of 28

Hi could you PM me the name of the client or the URL. I believe this is a migration issue. We havent changed any options that would allow clients to hide their public feedback. 

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
27 of 28

Lena, I have come across at least four.  I have a feeling you are not being kept in the loop any more than we are. Smiley Sad

Ace Contributor
Ehsan K Member Since: May 22, 2015
28 of 28

@Lena E wrote:

Hi could you PM me the name of the client or the URL. I believe this is a migration issue. We havent changed any options that would allow clients to hide their public feedback. 

-Lena

Well I can tell you that the company in your signature hides their public feedback and the hourly rates they pay. But I won't expect that to change anytime soon:-)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS