cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client's Work History and Feedback Private? Mods please?

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 15

I have run into a couple job postings lately that all of the work history and feedback says "Private". Is this another bug or is it something that they are going to implement?

I applied for a job recently that the feedback was all this way (to tired to pay attention) but when I went back I had missed the average pay which was way to low. Of course I was rejected for the job.

No biggie, but I use the feedback to generally assess a job and it bothered me to see that all of it was marked as Private.

I know Upwork job have no amount of money showing but this had Private period on feedback and how much was paid. No freelancer names, no amount, just the stars showing.

Capture.JPG

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
2 of 15

If clients are allowed to hide their feedback I'm sure freelancers will be given that option too.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
suznee
Community Guru
3 of 15

I doubt it Fergus, there have been thread after thread about how to hide feedback and it will never happen for freelancers, but I am wondering why it is showing like this. If it is a test group or if it is a glitch or if it is intentional.

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
4 of 15

I know, Suzanne. I may have been letting some sarcasm escape.

All I'll say is that if I come across a client who hides their feedback there is no way I'm going to work for them, under any circumstances. Hopefully it's just another weird bug. If not I'll be irked. Upwork should absolutely not allow this; we're paying to access client lists, and if the amount of information we're given access to is reduced our fees should be too.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 15

Hi Suzanne and others,

I have checked with the team and there is an issue with Work Histories of clients who transferred or merged their Elance profiles showing as private. This problem is going to be revisited by our engineers in the future and we will update the Community once we have more information.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
suznee
Community Guru
6 of 15

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Suzanne and others,

I have checked with the team and there is an issue with Work Histories of clients who transferred or merged their Elance profiles showing as private. This problem is going to be revisited by our engineers in the future and we will update the Community once we have more information.

Thank you.

Valeria,

Thank you. I hope it is going to be revisited sooner then later. It seems we have a lot of issues that we keep getting told it is going to be looked into later. They are ongoing issues which affect all the freelancers in making a choice. 

sdunkel
Ace Contributor
Stephen D Member Since: Aug 25, 2015
7 of 15

Yes, and fairies will play sonorous music while you try to make a background check on the client.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
8 of 15

I won't work for any client that hides any feedback.

As well, I would never hire a freelancer who hides feedback or earnings. 

I understand many want to do this and that's fine. I just will never hire them. I need as much information as possible, especially here on Upwork, before I hire someone and since there are many many who don't hide things in their profile it's usually not a problem. There are more people that show their full history than ones who don't. 

PS...finally found a freelancer after searching for a time. I ended up searching for an hour or so on my own rather than using the useless 10 suggested ones. I think from now on I'll make jobs private and just search on my own. Then I can also avoid the 60 applicants who apply and just pick what I want. Much much easier.

abdulrazaq89
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
9 of 15

Clients can keep their job description private after the hiring the freelancers. 

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
10 of 15

Because there are only ever bad freelancers, never bad clients. <sarcasm>

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS