🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client's account got suspended and cannot get...
Page options
549843de
Community Member

Client's account got suspended and cannot get my funded money

I have done e job for a client. He had asked me to simple job. Then He hired me. He funded the milestone. Then I completed the job successfully and submitted it for review and also to get the payment. But I am not getting any response even after 2 months. Every time I  requested payment for the milestone and every time it got rejected by Upwork.

Then I looked at the client profile, it said that that account has been suspended. Can I get my payment for my hard work as the amount is still funded? 

How can I get my payment?

6 REPLIES 6
williamtcooper
Community Member

If you did the work via Upwork's tracking software, you should get paid. If the work was not tracked in the App, it may be more difficult to obtain payment.

Can I do the work again ?

Now that your "client" is suspended there is no chance you will get paid through Upwork for this project. There is no enforceable Upwork payment protection on fixed price projects.

You should forget this project and move on to other projects. You refer to a milestone, so this had to be a fixed price project. On future fixed price projects make sure the client's payment method has been confirmed by Upwork and don't begin work on any milestone until the payment method has been confirmed, the current milestone has been funded and the client or Upwork has released payment to you on all previous milestones.

Good luck!

Thank you. But the amount is still funded on upwork. If I end the contract, will I get the payment ?

If the client's account is suspended, there is a problem with payment. Scammers will steal a credit card number and use it to fund jobs. I don't know what happened in your case, but it's common. The only protection you have is if you used the automatic hourly tracker.

It's likely there is no money. Just because it is sitting in escrow doesn't mean the money is real. It often takes the bank some time to recognize the theft. In the meantime, the thief can use the card without being caught. If the card was stolen, you will not be receiving any money.

You need to learn about hourly and fixed-price jobs so you can protect yourself.

William T C wrote:

If you did the work via Upwork's tracking software, you should get paid. If the work was not tracked in the App, it may be more difficult to obtain payment.

Obviously it's fixed price, so there is no tracking. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members