🐈 Community
dj_bojana

Client's account suspended on a fixed-rate project

Hello everyone,

I recently started working with a client on a fixed-rate project divided into 10 milestones. I completed 2 milestones, and the amount was paid (it is still not in my account, but should be transferred by the end of this week). This morning I received an email that client's account got suspended. My question is, will these two payments still be transferred to my account even though the contract was not completed? I am new at Upwork so I am not familiar with how the system works in these cases.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bojana,

Yes, you will receive funds that have already been released from Escrow and are currently pending. You should see the date when they become available in your Transaction History report. As John pointed out, please don't continue working on a suspended contract.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yitwail

Bojana, I was in the same situation recently, and I received the money that was already pending when the contract was suspended, so chances are good you'll get paid as well. However, do no further work on the contract, and notify the client that you will resume work as soon as Upwork reactivates the contract. 

Hi John, thank you for replying, I do feel better now. This is my first job on Upwork, and I would not want it to become a bad experience.

I already spoke to my client and explained that I will not do any work until the issue is resolved. He says it's temporary, so I hope the issue between him and Upwork will be resolved soon. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bojana,

Yes, you will receive funds that have already been released from Escrow and are currently pending. You should see the date when they become available in your Transaction History report. As John pointed out, please don't continue working on a suspended contract.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you very much Valeria! I will not continue working on the suspended contract, we agreed to wait until the issue is resolved. 

Upcoming Events
Oct 27
Nov 29